Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-23-2001, 01:13 PM   #41
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry comes upon the area that he saw the hawk land. Looking around, he saw neither the bird nor who he had hoped to find. Continuing his search, he found no trace of anyone or anything. His frustrations were about to drive him beyond reason. Why had Isabeau led him here, only to disappear? Larry sat back down and tried to think of good reasons why he had even woke up that day.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:20 PM   #42
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

~ The consonants of the teleport spell are on her lips, ready to be uttered... and yet, a strange force is at work. As her mind clears, the only image she sees is of the ranger with dark brown hair and green eyes. ~ Her feet refuse to budge, and her hands begin to shiver... ~

~ The force becomes more persistent, dragging her feet along a path dimly lit, towards a cluster of huge trees. ~ "Mystra, help me! Why can't I forget him?" she cries, staring at the starlit skies ~
Old 10-23-2001, 01:22 PM   #43
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz fell onto hard stone cobbles. She stood up looked around, brushing herself off. It looked as if she were in a city, gray and gloomy. It was night, the full moon shining brightly. A young elf was near her, crouching in the shadows of a wall, but had shown no reaction to her falling from the sky. "Hello, who are you?" Kaz asked friendlily. The elf showed no sign of having heard. She moved towards the door of what looked like a derelict house. When Kaz looked more closely at the elf, she gasped. The moonlight shone off black hair, chopped short. Hard green eyes stared out at the world from a gaunt face. Kaz saw herself in the child.
The young Kaz busied herself at the door, occasionally taking out something from under her shabby, ripped clothes. After a short time, something went click, and the child smiled grimly. She opened the door, Kaz hurrying after her.
They walked along a corridor, plain wood that was darkened with age. The girl tiptoed along on bare feet, mindless of the splinters she got. Kaz followed carefully, her boots thudding loudly, yet the younger Kaz did not seem to notice. They reached another door, locked. This lock must have been more difficult than the one before, because the child stayed at the door for a while, face wrinkled in concentration. Finally the lock clicked and the door swung open. Inside was a room that seemed filled with strange items, all dark looking. There was a trapdoor in one corner, shut. The girl inched around the room, careful not to disturb anything. She seemed to be looking for something, her eyes darting into every corner of the room. Apparently she found it, for she darted towards a pile of rubbish, looking through it. Smiling triumphantly, she picked up an ebony mask with the eye-holes fillled with darkness.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:26 PM   #44
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry actually thought he was receiving an angelic visitation. Slowly, a bright ligh began to play around the area, and a form melded into view a few feet ahead of him. Larry jerked himself up and watched as Mistral came into view, obviously disturbed that she was where she was. As Larry looked on, her head turned toward him, and her features were a mixture of emotions. Larry did not know how to read her. The light faded, leaving Mistral where she stood and Isabeau flapping at her side. As their eyes met, Larry began to feel like he wanted to rush to her side, yet he could not. She did not want that from him. He decided to wait and see what she would say.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:30 PM   #45
mistral4543

As she returns her line of vision from the skies to ahead, she sees him. Trembling, she steps forward haltingly, her hands cold and clammy. Her eyes glisten in the darkness as her lips part slightly.

After what seems like an eternity, she speaks up. ~ "Are you alright...Larry?" ~
Old 10-23-2001, 01:36 PM   #46
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"yeah."

Larry's voice began to break.
He could feel the knot in his throat and it made it that much more difficult to speak. Not knowing what else to say for the moment, Larry decided to mention Kaz.

"Kaz is ...hurt or something...and will not wake up...She never received your letter, as Isabeau came and found me...I got lost ...for a while, and had trouble knowing what I should do. I almost lost my life today..."

Old 10-23-2001, 01:39 PM   #47
mistral4543

At the mention of her letter, her cheeks had flushed deeply. But now, hearing the grave news of her dearest sister, she cries ~ "Kaz is in trouble? I must go to her immediately..." ~ She runs to him and grasps his hands subconsciously ~ "Take me there, Larry. Please..." ~ Her eyes speak to his pleadingly, before looking down away from his gaze.

~ Suddenly, she realises that her hands have strayed from her sides and blood rushes to her cheeks once again. ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 01:43 PM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...I need to slip on the ol' latex gloves and sort through the afternoon mail that has arrived.
I will be back shortly.
This seems like a good place to hold for about an hour or so.
Sorry!
I will be back as soon as I can.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:44 PM   #49
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

As young Kaz lifted the mask, an alarm went off. She must not have paid attention and triggered something., Kazara thought. Noises came from beneath the trapdoor. The girl looked around, frightened, and ran as behind her, the trapdoor burst open and several Drow leapt out. The young elf darted out the door, Kaz hard on her heels. They ran through the corridor, sounds of pursuit growing louder. Then they were outside, running for their lives - the child still had the mask clutched tightly in her hands. In the doorway, the Drow stopped and shook their fists at the escaping thieves - they did not dare venture out for fear of being discovered. The young girl looked back, laughed harshly, and set out through the maze of streets - Kaz following directly behind.
OOC: Dinner! Be back soon!
Old 10-23-2001, 01:44 PM   #50
mistral4543

(ooc1: I'll try to be back around then. May end up with abt 2-3 hours of sleep tonight because of my character...sigh, the things I do for her...

ooc2: I will soon be completely away from the forum for about 48 hours. Will let you guys/gals know when, so you can arrange for my character to be parked somewhere conveniently, or just drag her along. Maybe she just needs more sleep like I do... yawn...

Edit: I've sent the spreadsheet to you via email, Larry.)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-23-2001).]