Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 01:09 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

This was the ultimate act of vandalism. It is so insulting. I was only here, what, six weeks? and I feel the violation and offense of losing those buildings.
Still, the coming together and spiritual awakening is still gaining momentum in NYC. So unbelievable. Union square is a vibe, an atmosphere like nothing I've ever experienced. The candles, the music, the prayers and meditations, the walls of missing persons, the crowds, the discussion. Man!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-17-2001, 01:19 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What happened to the reply? Someone replied and then deleted! waaahhhh

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
G'kar

Indeed!!!

Old 09-17-2001, 01:26 AM   #4
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What happened to the reply? Someone replied and then deleted! waaahhhh

Sorry! That was me!

Didn't like my response and all.

I agree! I hate the fact that these terrorists think they can do this with no action being taken against them. I think they felt this would be handled as it has been in the past, through the courts. I don't think they expected us to wage war.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-17-2001, 01:30 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Sorry! That was me!

Didn't like my response and all.

I agree! I hate the fact that these terrorists think they can do this with no action being taken against them. I think they felt this would be handled as it has been in the past, through the courts. I don't think they expected us to wage war.

You know, I think that's exactly what Bin Laden wanted. I think he wanted the USA to attack all Islamic nations harbouring terrorists and create a World war. No other reason seems apparent for this lunacy.

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 01:39 AM   #6
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
You know, I think that's exactly what Bin Laden wanted. I think he wanted the USA to attack all Islamic nations harbouring terrorists and create a World war. No other reason seems apparent for this lunacy.

I agree to a point. Bin Laden had already declared a holy war on America, even to the point where he said that ALL AMERICANS ARE TARGETS. Notice he took it past American military. To tell you the truth , though, and mark my words, Sadam is the only crazy bastard that would want to start WWIII! It has already been hinted at that he may have a hand in this. I just want to be clear when I say HE PROBABLY IS!!

Sorry, just wanted to get my hypothesis in!

------------------

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 09-17-2001, 01:43 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
I agree to a point. Bin Laden had already declared a holy war on America, even to the point where he said that ALL AMERICANS ARE TARGETS. Notice he took it past American military. To tell you the truth , though, and mark my words, Sadam is the only crazy bastard that would want to start WWIII! It has already been hinted at that he may have a hand in this. I just want to be clear when I say HE PROBABLY IS!!

Sorry, just wanted to get my hypothesis in!
Maybe Saddam and Bin Laden were dropped on the same rock as children.

I read an article by a prominent Islamic leader here about the Quran, that forbids the "killing of life that Allah has made sacred". Seems another example of morons using a religion to justify powerplays.

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 01:49 AM   #8
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Maybe Saddam and Bin Laden were dropped on the same rock as children.

I read an article by a prominent Islamic leader here about the Quran, that forbids the "killing of life that Allah has made sacred". Seems another example of morons using a religion to justify powerplays.

Funny! They do sound like they were dropped on their haeds as kids!

It's terrible, isn't it? Christains are no more responsible for what happened in WWII than Islam is for this war!

------------------

LH Member

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old 09-17-2001, 01:57 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
It's terrible, isn't it? Christains are no more responsible for what happened in WWII than Islam is for this war!
Yep.

I was in Brooklyn the other night, and bought a drink from a shop owner that could have been mistaken for an Arab. I asked if I could watch the news and he obliged. The poor guy. As pictures of Bin Laden came on, he spouted profanities about the guy, and kept muttering "terrible, terrible".

Do we really think he spends all day spouting profanities everytime Bin Ladens face comes on, or was it because he was scared sh*tless because some strange white guy was present? The agression towards Arabs across the board is senseless. There is an Arab girl in our church, who doesn't even look remotely Arabic. The other day she actually prayed for forgiveness for her race. Poor thing. I thought she was referring to Europeans/Anglo-Celts and was heartily agreeing from my perspective. (Oops)

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 02:03 AM   #10
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Yep.

I was in Brooklyn the other night, and bought a drink from a shop owner that could have been mistaken for an Arab. I asked if I could watch the news and he obliged. The poor guy. As pictures of Bin Laden came on, he spouted profanities about the guy, and kept muttering "terrible, terrible".

Do we really think he spends all day spouting profanities everytime Bin Ladens face comes on, or was it because he was scared sh*tless because some strange white guy was present? The agression towards Arabs across the board is senseless. There is an Arab girl in our church, who doesn't even look remotely Arabic. The other day she actually prayed for forgiveness for her race. Poor thing. I thought she was referring to Europeans/Anglo-Celts and was heartily agreeing from my perspective. (Oops)

I have a couple of friends who run a convenince store
close to my house. They are from India. I'm scared to death something negative will happen or be said to them, just because they look foriegn! I hope we can be more sensible than that!

------------------

LH Member