Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 11:41 PM   #21
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

It is important not to overreact in situations like this. You should not automatically assume that person is up to no good and react in Rambo fashion. There are all kinds of possibilities -- perhaps it was a pizza delievery guy trying to find the right house, or someone looking for a lost dog.

Tragedies happen when people go Rambo and end up killing innocents in situations like that. You could find yourself charged with murder.

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-02-2001).]
Old 09-02-2001, 11:44 PM   #22
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

Here we go again. Another racial thing. My goodness people if he wants to say black, let him say it. Who gives a damn? I am not meaning to be mean here, I am just so sick of people talking about raical issuses. If it offends anyone, then they shounldnt get offended so easy.

Now I am ganan get my head bitten off by most of you.

Not by me! I believe that all are equal. But it has become extremely acceptable to make fun of whites and to say that it was a 'White male' that commited a crime but unacceptable the other way around.

If we are to have equality, we need to have it on all sides!

Now I wil be flamed as much as you!

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-02-2001, 11:48 PM   #23
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
But it has become extremely acceptable to make fun of whites and to say that it was a 'White male' that commited a crime but unacceptable the other way around.

Oh really? I'm getting that alternate universe feeling again.
Old 09-02-2001, 11:50 PM   #24
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Not by me! I believe that all are equal. But it has become extremely acceptable to make fun of whites and to say that it was a 'White male' that commited a crime but unacceptable the other way around.

If we are to have equality, we need to have it on all sides!

Now I wil be flamed as much as you!

Ah well, at least we will be flammed together

But I am glad somone shares the same views as me. If everyone says we are "equal" then we should really be "equal". Not just to one side compelety and not even ackowledge the other side.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Old 09-02-2001, 11:52 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
*shakes head* *sigh*

Here we go again. Another racial thing. My goodness people if he wants to say black, let him say it. Who gives a damn? I am not meaning to be mean here, I am just so sick of people talking about raical issuses. If it offends anyone, then they shounldnt get offended so easy.

Now I am ganan get my head bitten off by most of you.
Well, I won't bite your head off. I will say that you cannot tell another person to not "get offended so easy". I'm afraid predjudice and being offended by it happen and it's not one of those things you can turn on or off.

Liliara, maybe so, but it doesn't make the first wrong right, now does it?

(oh and Larry.. I don't think you meant anything by it- so this isn't a dig at you! I'm just glad you DIDN'T have to confront anyone.. mucho scary!)

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-02-2001, 11:55 PM   #26
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Oh really? I'm getting that alternate universe feeling again.
I am FAR from racist!! I believe that ALL ARE EQUAL!!! But you need only watch t.v. and pay attention to it to realize these truths. I understand that there may be a certain amount of gratification from seeing the tables turned a bit, but if it is equality and not vengeance that we are striving for, attention should not be brought to color at all.

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-02-2001, 11:59 PM   #27
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Liliara, maybe so, but it doesn't make the first wrong right, now does it?

(
Never said that the first wrong was right. I personally am appalled at the way some races have treated others just because of the tone of their skin or their belifs. Doubly so because not only am I American, but because I am of German heritage.

I am simply saying that if healing is to come, EVERYONE must forget about skin color on both sides.

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:12 AM   #28
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
I am FAR from racist!! I believe that ALL ARE EQUAL!!! But you need only watch t.v. and pay attention to it to realize these truths. I understand that there may be a certain amount of gratification from seeing the tables turned a bit, but if it is equality and not vengeance that we are striving for, attention should not be brought to color at all.

Perhaps you should consider forming your ideas of reality from sources other than TV.

I did not say you were a racist. I was answering the following claim which you made: "But it has become extremely acceptable to say that it was a 'White male' that commited a crime but unacceptable the other way around."

Where on earth did you get such a notion from? It is standard procedure, as it should be, to report the race of crime suspects (black, white, or other) along with other identifying characteristics.

Old 09-03-2001, 12:17 AM   #29
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider forming your ideas of reality from sources other than TV.

I was answering the following claim which you made: "But it has become extremely acceptable to say that it was a 'White male' that commited a crime but unacceptable the other way around."

Where on earth did you get such a notion from? It is standard procedure, as it should be, to report the race of crime suspects (black, white, or other) along with other identifying characteristics.

Let me clarify myself... MEDIA i.e. newspapers, CNN. Maybe you thought that I was referring to the daily talk shows. I don't expect you to see things through my eyes, I see what I see and I analyze. Do you do the same?

------------------

Proud new member of LH!

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-03-2001).]
Old 09-03-2001, 12:20 AM   #30
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:

I did not say you were a racist. I was answering the following claim which you made: "But it has become extremely acceptable to say that it was a 'White male' that commited a crime but unacceptable the other way around."

Thats a perfect exsample of what she ment. Larry said "black" and people pointed it out, if somone was to say "the neibhours wear white" no one would give it a second thought.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas