Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-18-2001, 07:42 PM   #1
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That shield you get from Ad Mart is incredible. I used it in the Beholder base in Underark, and it is 'Toy Soldiers'- they came crashing down, though, I thought they would die faster than the rate they did. Only slight trouble was the elder Beholders with their high level magic. viconia destroyed about 90% of the Beholders in that place!!! Whew!

This is my second way around SOA. I bought TOB b4 I started but I did not want to import my original party since I missed the whole Saemon Havaerian thing (I took the portal since I forced killed him Irenicus's dungeon- teach him a lesson in betraying me).
Having fun with my Cavalier, Korgan, Viconia, HearDalis, Edwin and JAn.

just sharing

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: crimsonson ]

Old 11-18-2001, 08:43 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

theres a cloak in the underwater city that does the same thing. except i got distracted and missed it and hadnt bough the shield either and so was _stuffed_ in the beholder lair.

its on a priestess somewhere.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:41 AM   #3
peipei_lin
The Magister

Cloak of mirror cannot compare with Shield of Balduran when facing Beholders. Because most of these flesh orbs can cast domination. If you read the stats for cloak of mirrors correctly, it says it reflect all the attacking magics (such as m.missiles, acid arrow, lighting...) but doesnt reflect others (eg. fear, chaos, charm...). So best be careful with this cloak when there is an eye tyrant at front of you.

+ Just to add, Shield of Balduran is just too COOL !!! My Anomen, equipting this stuff, doesn't even have to move a muscle when facing the beholders!!! lol
Never will the reality be more grander then dreams...<br />Thats why many people fail. Then again, to those who succeed, they must had dreamed as well...<br />The world is of 2 equal planes, the one we are in, is the one of opposite that is opposite to our plane. It is seemingly difficult to understand, buy would anyone notice? <br /><br />---so sayeth the God of Wisdom<br /> Windspear
Old 11-19-2001, 05:10 AM   #4
Kingenigma
The Magister

Then i guess i should have that handy...but WHY -1 str penalty, Balduran's shield?