Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2000, 10:32 PM   #1
Ziroc

Ok, now that we're getting like 10,000 hits a day, and 20+ new members join this forum a day now,
I was thinking about switching over to the #1 forum software called "Ultimate Bulliten Board". I have it installed now, and tweaking it a bit... you can do A LOT more with it as well, such as quote, attach messages, and tons of other options.

But EVERYONE would have to re-register, thats the sucky thing about it. I wanted to ask you if you'd be
wanting to change over or keep this software? Its up to you guys!!

We could even 'grandfather' the new software in, where this would still be active for a while, until everyone is on the new forum..

just reply to this message, and let us know..

Dan Huling
Ironworks Gaming

Old 10-11-2000, 11:00 PM   #2
Larry

I think that sounds quite inticing...I was wondering if we could be able to post pics on here, for example, I have been working on the pixels in Imoen's face to remove that ugly scar !! I would like to post it when it is done on the page I am to write on...is that possible, or am I thinking of something else ??

Old 10-12-2000, 12:19 AM   #3
Gotaxewilltravel

Why not? Just don't trash this site right away--I have a feeling a lot of us are going to continue using this site (considering the wealth of info already on it).

Power to you, Ziroc.

Old 10-12-2000, 12:26 AM   #4
Runesai

Sounds good, ever good thing needs to evolve, so when will this new BB be up 'n running?

Laterz,
Runesai

Old 10-12-2000, 01:05 AM   #5
Damballah

Sounds good, especially the 'grandfathering' part. Im all up for new technology or more effecient means of computing, especially if it will keep things from getting as slow as they are on the official BG2 board

Old 10-12-2000, 08:39 AM   #6
traerthe

I don't suppose you can export the discussions from this forum and import them into the new one?
That would facilitate people who search the archives for info (since I assume you would only run the old system in parallel for a fixed period of time)

Old 10-12-2000, 09:05 AM   #7
hatchjon

I like this board software but if the new stuffs better use it.
Anyway you look at it this board beats the official boards with an axe.

Old 10-12-2000, 10:57 AM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(OOC)
Transition is the name of the game. As long as you don't phase out the old board immediately and you make it blindingly obvious for people who hit the old board that they should transition to the new I don't think many people here would have problems with re-creating their profiles as it takes all of what, 2 minutes? The Web's halflife for existing technology is astoundingly small, plus I like to play with new tech toys. On a praiseworthy note, I love the community here - about 10x better than the official crap they deem to call boards. Please keep up with the constant spirit of improvement.
Cheers,
Old 10-12-2000, 02:04 PM   #9
Terra

Grandfather transition is good

Old 10-12-2000, 02:13 PM   #10
Tipsy McSwagger

I agree with M'all. This board is sooooo much better than the official ones. If we can retain that while at the same time making it a positive experience for even more folks than go to it. Reregistering once for 30 seconds is much, much more agreeable than waiting 3 minutes for a thread tree to open.

Drink up.

-Tipsy