Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
sofakingdom
Welcomed New User

I know to get into the Rapax camp, I must have a templar in my group. How do I become a templar? Is it the title given to a character at a certain level? If so, what class and level? Maybe I am way off with this idea. Any information is greatly appreciated.
sofakingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:51 PM   #2
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi sofakingdom,

you'll become a Templar in the Rapax Castle. I don't want to say more because you'll find the rest of the necessary information on your way to it.

Greetings and welcome to the board
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:07 AM   #3
sofakingdom
Welcomed New User

Hey thx for the info and the greeting. Glad to be a part of the forum.
sofakingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:58 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Sort of spoilerish:
Actually you don't have to become a templar to go to the Rapax Away Camp, which appears if you have two of the three artifacts with you. But if you are'nt a templar then expect a hard fight.

To become a templar ou have to speak to Arledrian in the Rapax castle, and then follow his instructions.

BTW does anyone know what that stupid Hogar is good for in the wilderness clearing, or is it just another unfinished sidequest?

Edit: welcome to the boards

[ 10-15-2003, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
allstargoaly
Dungeon Master

I'm not going to assume to much but...

I think in another forum topic they said that he was unknown (maybe part of another side quest). Personally I think the hogar was put there to keep you away from that area. Most of the time, video games will put hard monsters/bosses in certain places to "guard" a specific area or item...

SPOILER ALERT->

Like the Steelhide Crocidile. He was put there to "protect" his STEELHIDE skin (I know that you win it off him but you get the point). Gregor was there to stop you from continuing to the upper monestary.

My point is, this Hogar was probably put there to "scare" you off. The secret cave (with the seekers) is what he is most likely trying to keep you away from; even though the items aren't very good. This is what I think.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:03 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nicely reasoned, but that doesn't apply here. Rex the Hogar is friendly and fights for you; it doesn't attack the party. Maybe he's there just for amusement value?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:19 PM   #7
Rezdude03
Manshoon

i must warn u that getting through the castle to the templars is probobly the hardest part in the game. i would suggest using x-ray to find the templars (they appear as yellow dots) and ferro (green) so that you can stock up on supplies at this point. i would suggest not wasting to much time fighting the rapax. try to stay out of their ways and dont be afraid to flee.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:25 AM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
My point is, this Hogar was probably put there to "scare" you off. The secret cave (with the seekers) is what he is most likely trying to keep you away from; even though the items aren't very good.
You're talking about the hogar in the arnika road. This one is to encourage the player to go south to Arnika, instead of the northern wildernesse.

But the question was about the friendly hogar in the wildernesse clearing.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 08:09 AM   #9
allstargoaly
Dungeon Master

My bad.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:20 AM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

Yeah andhe also is quite a lot stronger, than a normal hogar,although I think he is only level 5.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote