Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
Wild Rose
Dungeon Master

Hi! I have been lurking for a while and really enjoy this forum.

I have been stuck for ages trying to get the T'rang transporter to work. I would really appreciate any help on this. Also how do you get the code for the T'rang restricted area? Someone mentioned a dropped note, but I've never found anything like that yet.

I'm on my 3-4th party and haven't finished the game yet - mostly because I've been trying different parties.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2003, 01:03 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

It's been a long time now, but I think you find the wire for the transporter up top with the T'rang body (where you also get the arm). That will fix the machinery.

The code isn't worth all the trouble, especially as, if I remember rightly, you end up fighting the T'rang to get in to their special lab and find a very experimental weapon.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:34 AM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, the wires and the arm are off the same corpse.
The weapon is fairly nice, but not worth having the T'rang go red, unless you wanna kill'm all. Dread Spear is a much better polearm, and you should be able to get that about the same time you'd succeed in getting to the Mindblast Rod.
(the corpse mentioned above also has something hidden there, too, relating to the door code)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
Wild Rose
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the help. I found out today that what I thought was the transporter was something else, on the other side and I just hadn't found the thing.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:04 PM   #5
sultan

rose - dont feel bad. my wife and i played for a year without finding the teleporter. we'd been through a dozen parties each and finished the game four times between us before one of us stumbled across it.

with regard to the polearm, if you can get the door open using the "secret" code, you can use the old "false engage - run" tactic to do a snatch and grab.

it's a great weapon to have early (casts nuclear blast), but it's biggest problem is only 3 classes can use it, and two of them cant learn polearm. so you end never getting any better with it.

but, if you are running a party with multiple spellcasters, who struggle to get enough good staves until later in the game, then putting the polearm on one of them can be a nice stop gap until later.

it's hard to completely discount anything in the game. there's actually quite a bit of subtlety (i hope, by design), that often means if something is useless it's just because you havent found the use yet, not because it's a waste of space.