Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
bakrus
The Magister

hi.
i have been trying to find out how to get past those flame barriers someplace in hell.. supposed to use the hand which can help me get to places out of reach , but this time i can only jump over to a island that does not lead anywhere, and the way it looks like i`m supposed to go is flames in my way and can`t jump throuh, tried many things:
increasing stats, anti fire magic, run fast through but i`always fail and dies......

so i beginning to think it`s a bug so i may need to patch it? don`t know if you guys understand what i wrote here, since i`m bad at explaining but if you do please post it=)
Old 01-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The most recent patch is 1.66. If you have that already, no need to patch the game. Otherwise, yes, you should patch HoTU.

I know where you are, but it's been too long since I played that section and don't recall now exactly what needs to be done. Someone else may be able to help you.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Been a long time since I was there as well, but I remember the fire damage caused by that barrier to be simply huge. I've never found any other way past that one than by somehow getting a very high permanent (i.e. granted by an item, not by a spell which runs out after absorbing so much damage - even the most powerful of those won't last up to half way through) resistance to fire, if not 100% immunity. There are a few items which can get you through, but I believe most are random.

Or you can become a level 10+ Red Dragon Disciple, of course.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote