Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 02:14 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Here are some warning signs that your company may be feeling the IT profit pinch.

1) Management removes the free pop and juice out of the fridge, and replaces it with damp sponges for employees to suck on when they're thirsty.

2) Your workstation gets equipped with a treadmill so you can generate your own electricity.

(Californians can ignore this warning sign...this has already been in place for several months now.)

3) Your boss aggressively encourages you to play the new slot machines in the employee lunchroom.

4) The office photocopier is now coin-fed...as are the toilets, the water cooler, the fire extinguishers, the first-aid kit, and the machine that provides breathable air to your vacuum-sealed cubicle.

5) Management has the office air conditioner disconnected, and distributes paper fans and salt tablets.

6) The 'Net Pay' box on your bi-weekly pay stub has the words "In Theory" printed below the dollar amount.

And finally...

7) After several dozen employees mysteriously disappear, the regular company-provided snacks disappear from the cupboards, and are replaced with bags of a tasty new product called 'Soylent Green'.

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 02:24 PM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Your company won't buy a £400 piece of software it needs but will hold a company "fun day" with a free bar..actually happened at my company last week

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 08-19-2001, 06:03 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ROTFLMAO! i think the last one may actually be happening at my school... kids seem to 'move away' without warning, and suddenly we have a surplus of food!

------------------
With each kill, I grow wiser, and with added wisdom, I grow stronger. Does anybody have any idea what this means?