Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-17-2001, 03:03 PM   #1
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Just wondering if there were any people on this board who are scuba divers (I know it should be upper case cos its an acroynm but there you go) I know Gaelic is, states it in his profile, but is anyone else?

Why do I ask? Partly curiosity, find out more about the people on this board and partly because I've just booked a holiday in Turkey (setting off in a fortnight), where I'm kind of hoping to get some diving in! Well, you know how it goes when you get excited about a forthcoming event in your life!

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 08-17-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I wouldn't call myself a Scuba Diver yet. But i'm learning how to scuba dive. I have one dive left in my class (To 50 feet.) and a ten minute float. Once I do all that i'm finished, and can dive all I want. I must admit I probably won't dive to often. I don't like water that much, so it was pretty stupid of me to join the class in the first place.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:10 PM   #3
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Its a real shame you're not into it: personally its the most fun I've had clad in 3mm of rubber

I learnt a couple of years ago in Thailand. My girlfriend really fancied the idea but I was, to say the least, lukewarm. It turned out that she couldn't take her mask off underwater (a phsycological thing) whilst I absolutely loved it! I try to get off to tropical climes for a weeks diving every six months or so now.

Hang on in there: once you get into it, its like when you dream you're flying, moving in three dimensions, only awake! As for night diving, think real life Aliens (bar the actual Aliens themselves, of course).

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!