Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default The U.S. Entitlement Culture

I can't stand our entitlement culture. I'm so sick of these freeloaders living off government money.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: The U.S. Entitlement Culture

But TL, 100% of politicians fall into the right side category! Do you expect them to slice their own wrist? Regardless of the hot air they spewed during the campaign season? Rhetorical rhetoric at its finest!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wheres my check? I need beer.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

This is actually important shit. In our country the richest 2% have gotten the middle class fighting for their tax breaks whilst attacking each other (i.e. teacher's unions). It's crazy. This shit is bananas -- B A N A N A S.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Text book perfect isn't it, and sadly, no real fix for it. The corrupt have spent too long building the system to protect themselves, creating the illusion of freedom/democracy, blurring the lines of capitalism and keeping public attention diverted to "evils" outside your borders every step of the way.

As much as everyone wants to believe the next President can fix it, the Presidency itself is just another product of that system; belief that one person can do anything is just another tool of that deception.

The thought of a UN enforced no-fly zone over the US while the masses march on Washington may tickle my funny bone, but is as much in the realm of fantasy as your/our "freedom". The real revolution, even if more of an evolution, isn't happening like any this planet's seen before. However, of course, it too is fundamentally flawed, (even before the hands of the present-day corrupt had a chance to influence its conception) and it too will run its course and give way to the next big thing, whatever that may be.

Face it, for the closest thing to freedom and fairness for all, you're all just going to have to build me a cybernetic AI all-encompassing network for my nano-augmented body to meld with and declare me Boss of Everything.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote