Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-10-2001, 09:33 AM   #21
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

I agree, that statistics can be used to "prove" anything, but delve a bit further into what is actually being said, and many times you've got nothing but bullshit. And THAT'S a fact.

Anywho, I kinda like Bush and his policies, don't know why!

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-10-2001, 02:29 PM   #22
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

AMEN! Brother JJ Amen! Your preaching to the choir here in Tennessee (home of Al Gore). Just think had Either Tennessee (Al Gore's Home State) or Arkansas (Bill Clinton's Home State) gone for Gore he'd be president!!! We didn't though. Pretty bad when you can't carry your on state. We just didn't want four more years of Clinton.

Those of you from overseas, if you like him so much please feel free to take him!!! Actually we might even pay you to take him. Al Gore was quite as bad, buthe had the Clinton stink all over him.

If Perot hadn't stepped in in 1992 Clinton would have never been elected in the first place. And if Colin Powell (MY MAIN MAN) had run in 1996 Clinton would have been pushed out of office too.

Can't for the life of me understand what others see in Clinton! What did he ever
do, except keep Allen Greenspan in charge of the economy. Who was by the way appointed by a republican!!! Any idoit could have done that.

Sorry this is a sore point to me. And I also don't vote republican all the time.
Just try to vote for the best most honest. I got mad as hell at Reagon over the
Iran/Contra scandal. The most honest president we ever had is Jimmy Carter, who I supportted.

(DOWN BOY DOWN)

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-10-2001, 02:40 PM   #23
Moiraine
Anubis

No, thanks, we already have Jacques Chirac here !
(You know, the president guy who had France perform new nuclear testings the year of the 50th anniversary of the Hiroshima bomb ...)

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 03:00 PM   #24
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Actually Moiriane, Every country has one every now in then. Look at what Israel is
going through. I seriously wouldn't want to Send Bill Clinton to any other country. He's our problem, so we'll keep him.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-10-2001, 03:10 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zenith:
The media doesn't like Bush? Wow! Think it's because he's short on scandals? Maybe it's because his wife is a normal woman who enjoys being a wife and mother and who has no desire to usurp her husband's spotlight?
Augh! I could go on for hours!

Zenith, you are on thin ice with this one! Please tell me it was a joke. It's hard to tell in print only.

I may have little personal like of Hilary, but what the hell is this?! Only women who hide in the shadows as good little wives/mothers are "NORMAL"?!
I have much respect for women who do choose those roles in life, but hold on here! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Normal? Define, please! You meant that those of us who have the ambition to be more, do more are wrong somehow? A woman with political aspirations and more savvy than her husband is not normal, maybe, but gifted, definitely. She may be as slick as the next politician, but I do not belittle her achievements as a woman and a mover on the political scene. And when I look at what she endured personally as the wife of a public figure who couldn't control a few biological urges....well she's got my adamant support on the sympathy front!

I may have to point this thread out to the rest of the ladies on the board.

Again, I'm not a H RC fan by a long shot, Hilary has taken many a pot shot from me in conversations with friends. I'm a New Yorker. I have to deal with her as one of my Senators, for crying out loud. And if anyone thinks she and Billyboy chose NY as their new homestead because they just love the scenery...well sorry to disappoint you. She chose NY because there was seat coming free and this is a politically powerful state. She most likely has her eye on higher offices one day. She made all the right promises to the part of the state I live in, and it carried her to victory- we'll see if she delivers on those promises. I may disagree whole-heartedly with her motives, but she got what she wanted and is moving along her chosen path. And I don't believe she stepped on too many people (at least publicly) to do it. Why is it, gentle readers of the forum, that when a woman does it, she's pushy, bad, abnormal, etc etc etc. When a man does it, he's ambitious and a go-getter...etc.? I hate double standards.

Apologies, Zenith, for my rant, especially if that was joke/off the cuff thing.
Just a hot issue for me and I couldn't leave it alone. And I'm low on spam-light today...hehehe

CloudShaker

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-11-2001).]
Old 03-10-2001, 03:20 PM   #26
Moiraine
Anubis

Clouddy mine, go girl, you have my full support on this one.

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 03:25 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine, thanks. I have always had to have similar 'discussions' with people my whole life and so it rather grates on the nerves, even in joking form, I'm afraid!

CloudMover

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-10-2001, 03:30 PM   #28
Moiraine
Anubis

Yeah, I know damn well what you mean, remember, I work in a male's world !

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 03:31 PM   #29
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok, so who's idea was it to fire a missle into the political soup? JJ?

I'd like to go on record as saying that I am a registered Independent Voter who tends to lean Republican. I abstained from voting in the Ohio Presidential Election because I truly didn't like either canidate.

I thought Bill Clinton handled parts of being the president very well. What he didn't do well is treat the office he handled with the respect and dignity that it deserves. I also believe that his marriage to Hilary is only for political gain and the kid is there for appearances only. Wouldn't surprise me if we dug deeep enough, we would find Hilary with some "friends" of here own. Bill just got caught. It will be interesting in my mind once HRC leaves office finally, to see if they stay together . . .

BK
Old 03-10-2001, 03:41 PM   #30
Moiraine
Anubis

Black Knight, what has private life to do with being a good or a bad president ? Would you prefer a bad president with an otherwise irreproachable married life, or a very good president who happens to cheat on his wife/husband from time to time ?

------------------