Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 10:56 PM   #1
Silmarillious
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What would happen if I joined the undead instead of the shadown theives? Like if I gave the money to the ghosts?

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 11:08 PM   #2
Floraowe
The Magister

You'll do some slightly different minor quests depending on which side you choose. Some people prefer one side over the other, but whichever side you choose the end result is the same, you won't jeopardise the game by choosing one over the other.
Old 05-29-2001, 11:44 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
You will get to kill a lot of Shadow Thieves instead of Vampires....
Basically, siding with the undead is the more "evil" path of the game, but either way you will travel to Spellhold in later chapters.

A side note: your sig is kinda large, you may want to shrink its size a bit.

P.S. Welcome to the board!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 11:47 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:

A side note: your sig is kinda large, you may want to shrink its size a bit.

P.S. Welcome to the board!

already taken care of in another thread
by the ever humble blade master

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin

[This message has been edited by slackerboy (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-29-2001, 11:55 PM   #5
BladeMaster

Thanks to me. I downsized the picture for him.

------------------

Old 05-30-2001, 12:47 AM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

bigtime spoiler re: shadow thieves vs vampires
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

imho, siding with the thieves' is the better route. first, i've found that fighting the vampires was far easier than wiping out an entire guild of backstabbing/hasted thieves. second, aran gives you a superb amulet seemingly tailor-made for my cleric/fighter vs vamps. third, the shadow thieves will ally with you for the final battle with bodhi, even though assassin vs vampire is more of a delaying tactic . and if you're a thief, you won't get to enjoy the pleasures of micromanaging your very own guild.

hmm, i wonder what the long term effects of wiping out the shadow thieves in athkatla would be... night knives or rune assassins move in? (both probably hated you prior anyway)
Old 05-30-2001, 01:48 AM   #7
Scottith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tolkine fan? I am.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:01 AM   #8
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Amergin:
bigtime spoiler re: shadow thieves vs vampires
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

imho, siding with the thieves' is the better route. first, i've found that fighting the vampires was far easier than wiping out an entire guild of backstabbing/hasted thieves. second, aran gives you a superb amulet seemingly tailor-made for my cleric/fighter vs vamps. third, the shadow thieves will ally with you for the final battle with bodhi, even though assassin vs vampire is more of a delaying tactic . and if you're a thief, you won't get to enjoy the pleasures of micromanaging your very own guild.

hmm, i wonder what the long term effects of wiping out the shadow thieves in athkatla would be... night knives or rune assassins move in? (both probably hated you prior anyway)
Gotta disagree with you on this one Amergin. I'm running through the game with a Berserker dualled to Thief right now. I joined Bhodi's side and have completed her first quest. Now, every time I'm in the docks section, I get attacked by (and kill) Shadow Thieves. However, the Thieves' Guild is still mine and nothing has changed. So...siding with Bhodi does *not* affect your Thief stronghold (at least it hasn't happened to me as of yet), although it probably should...

Lastly, you get the Amulet of Power from Aran whether he gives it to you for serving him or whether you take it off of his warm corpse.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-30-2001, 06:40 PM   #9
Silmarillious
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe yea Scottith a big one too...

I'm in the middle of the Two Towers, the Hobbit was the first book I ever read, from there I was hooked. Can't wait for the movie!

------------------
Old 05-30-2001, 07:02 PM   #10
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The movie will probably be rubbish....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-30-2001).]