Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-16-2001, 09:26 PM   #1
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I look at the movies from E3 and other promo material for NWN. I get the impression it will be very easy to create our own adventures and campaigns. But how easy will it be? Will it require major programming skills for a well thought campaign? Or will the wizards prove to be an effective method for creating the entire worlds?
Arquetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 03:47 PM   #2
Gyruss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Easy is a releative term. Will you be making grade A professional modules in days? Now Bioware is making a big effort for the tools to be very user friendly but there is going to be a learning curve. And to do advanced char stuff etc you need to learn the scripting language. There's allot of power for the end user there but you have to put the time if you really want to make something good, thats not just a simple dungeon with a few monsters in it.
Gyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Well you won't be able to make an awesome dungeon in an hour. You can do everything Bioware did with it. It's the same exact program they used. It will be very user friendly, have you ever made your own map on Heroes 3? I imagine that it will be something like that. Excpet more time consuming, and more options! You can make entire quests with the thing, and share them with people over the net. It will be awesome!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 08-21-2001).]
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 11:38 PM   #4
TWIAFU

I am very interested in the ability to create adventures. I have been playing AD&D for close to twenty years now. I would like to re-create some of my favorite modules. Tomb of Horrors, Queen of the Deamonweb Pits, Lost Caverns of Tsocanth, to name a few. How difficult will this be? How close to the original will I be able to get? Any information you have is welcome. If anyone has any web sites that deal specifically with the editor, please share them....

Thx!