Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-27-2004, 10:22 AM   #11
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Well now... perhaps Hierophant looks like Robin Williams, a cross between Chewbacca and a gorilla. [img]smile.gif[/img] A little shave may be in order then...

You must be psychic or something, how did you guess?

Quote:

You might also consider using a hair remover (nair, or something like that). A depilatory lotion instead of a blade... ooze it off instead of slicing it off.

As for the rash... diaper rash cream or something comparable is probably in order [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ahhh, ingenious. I would have never thought of those solutions. I just assumed that razor scrapage and shaving nicks were all part of the penance for vanity
Old 05-27-2004, 10:36 AM   #12
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

umm, have any of you men tried nair? I would not advise it it burns you hair out, like a perm gone to far, what do you imagine that does to the skin???
Old 05-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #13
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
umm, have any of you men tried nair? I would not advise it it burns you hair out, like a perm gone to far, what do you imagine that does to the skin???
Ooooh. Ok, point taken. Scratch the nair then.... two lots of sage advice within 10 minutes there Stormy. You've got that adviserly magic [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 10:53 AM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Ah ok, I thought you were going for the "smooth as a baby's ass" look
Old 05-27-2004, 10:56 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yah, those creams aren't all they claim to be, Hiero! Sometimes you'll not leave it on long enough and still have to shave bits and sometimes it's too long and OUCH! Like Stormy said, it's painful.

Try some neosporin (antibiotic cream) where it's red and irritated. I find that helps alot as well as using a moisturizing gel or cream when you shave. You could also try an electric razor, they have a little more leeway for trimming without taking your skin off with the hair.

One other tip, shave in the direction the hair lies, just once, then if necessary go once the opposite direction. Too many swipes with the razor can cause the irritation to start or get worse.

Good luck.... *not making any comments on the masculinity thing but laughing out loud at the Vask/Hiero quips*

[ 05-27-2004, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 05-27-2004, 11:05 AM   #16
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Ah ok, I thought you were going for the "smooth as a baby's ass" look
my husband has a naturally smooth chest and
I find I like it better than one with even a little hair on it, but that is just me
Old 05-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #17
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

That's why I said "most women", I know there are a few wierd ones I don't even bother shaving my face more than once a week so am pretty much "stubbletastic" as one girl put it, all the time I wouldn't shave regularly or shave anywhere but my face ever, no matter who asked. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yeah, what Clouds says: don't shave against the grain and buy some balm, no after shave (ouch!!) but a cream. You might have to buy a girly kinda cream but I'm sure your vanity is big enough to get over the fact.
Oh and sometimes it's not rash - it's ingrown hair. To prevent that, use scrubbing cream or something to scrub your skin regularly - gets rid of the dead skin cells so that the hair can get through.
Oh and use sharp, new razors. And a shaving gel for sensitive skin.

I always use a kind of cream that's actually meant for babies - it soothes irritated skin. I think it may even be some sort of anti-nappy rash thing.
Maybe you should try something like that.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:49 AM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Oh and one other thing I forgot.
I'm thinking about trying wax, I've done it myself a few times but for those hard to reach spots [img]tongue.gif[/img] and for the professionalism I'm thinking of going to a beauty salon.
It usually gives only temporary skin irritation and the hairlessness lasts a hell of a lot longer than from a shave. Plus the hair grows back softer and not so stubbly. Over here it's quite normal for men too to have unwanted hair removed in that way.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:17 PM   #20
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Try some neosporin (antibiotic cream) where it's red and irritated. I find that helps alot as well as using a moisturizing gel or cream when you shave.

Moisturizer, antibiotics.. check! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:

One other tip, shave in the direction the hair lies, just once, then if necessary go once the opposite direction. Too many swipes with the razor can cause the irritation to start or get worse.
Ah, see, my razor ended up getting so blunt I was basically scrubbing myself with it in order for it to have any affect. Once or twice over... got it! Thanks! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And Mel: the wax! of course! I think if I end up keeping this bodyhair-removal thing long-term, waxing may definately be in the cards.