Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I sometimes do not see the people over there, and they are usually gone before I realize they have come.

There have been no fish in that brown water for more than a year.

I would do it myself, but I am technically not allowed to cross the boundry to ensure safety to my family and my other neighbors...but if I do not get tihs matter taken care of in the matter of a week, I will call for city assistance with getting the water taken care of.

West Nile has infected so many birds in NC that the State does not want to take any chances, and are going to be on my side easily.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:55 PM   #12
quietman1920

I'm unfamiliar with the neighbor's property, but I'm wondering if you took a decent length of hose, put one end in the pond, and started a syphon process, would it not solve the problem?

Ideally, the other end would be put down flat to their driveway to drain to the street, but I suppose if there's a mail slot that goes through the bottom of their front door, you'd have another alternative... >
Old 05-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

I apologise in advanced, but all I could think of when reading the title of this thread...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 09:42 PM   #14
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am sure the water have zero oxygene to any fish to survive there anyway so get the water out and fill it up with concrete or cement whatever helps.

[ 05-27-2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 05-27-2004, 11:40 PM   #15
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

LARRY how big are these fish ponds?
Cement cost to much and that's distruction of property.

Clorene Bleach is cheep and it kills everything in bug land. It doesn't hurt animials or people. ever been in a swimming pool?

Call the city NOW and then go down to city Hall or the city health dept. and lodge a formal complaint, the city will send someone to spray the ponds and if they don't call them back and tell them that if the city doesn't do something about this health hazzard you will notify the news media and sue the city for neglagence in removing a health hazzard. 99 times out of 100 times you won't need to go so far as the news media or sueing the city or even the need to call them back because once you have filed the formal complaint they (the City) are the responsible party. Then give them a week to get it together with the pest control people.

OR Dump 25 gallons of Clorene Bleach into the ponds. Clorox works best and doesn't contain any lead like all other cheep brands of bleach do.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:23 AM   #16
Lady Sedai
Banned User

I'd be careful doing anything more than finding those "donuts" mentioned and dropping them in the water.

*IF* there are still living fish in there, the owner could come back at you for killing the fish and, since you've already left a note complaining about it, any action you take that would kill the fish or destroy the ponds would be seen as malicious vandalism.

The only real option you have is to contact local authorities (the water department, environmental health and the police).

Otherwise, you are trespassing, harrassing and vandalizing.

I know the health of your family is important, but notifying EPA will garner the fastest results, imo. Especially with the threat of West Nile.

Good luck.

P.S. - I'd even be careful of using bleach in the water. If birds drink from it, frogs live in it (which would eat the mosquitos), etc. you can most *certainly* hurt them. And then dumping the water onto the ground becomes a question of environmental safety as well - most importantly, fear of contaminating underground water sources. In great enough concentration, bleach can be very harmful and the EPA would not be happy having to take extra steps to clean up the ponds just because you dumped a bunch of bleach in the water.

[ 05-28-2004, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]
Old 05-28-2004, 08:42 AM   #17
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

sorry about my post on the cement, it is just how I would have done it, act first, think later