Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-22-2003, 11:47 AM   #31
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
It is past time that we revived the House Un-American Activities Committee.
I'm sure it is on John Ashcroft's list.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #32
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Sorry, Elric, you misunderstand. All constitutional rights are limited in some way or another. Plus the 13th Amendment is not the Bill of Rights (which is the first 10 Amendments).
Wasn't there a circuit court opinion in the last few months saying that the second amendment did not guarantee the right of private citizens to bear arms and actually only guaranteed the right of states to form 'well regulated militias'?
Old 01-22-2003, 12:10 PM   #33
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Yes, a 3 judge panel of the 9th circuit court in California
did say that, but apparently the ruling doesn't apply to the whole US, just the states the are in the 9th Circuit Court. Last year the 5th Circuit court ruled just the opposite and the US Sepreme Court refused to hear an appeal. You can read about both cases here.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20021217-843548.htm

Funny how this thread got highjacked to a debate on guns, when it started out about some actor shooting his mouth off.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #34
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Before MagiK comes in here talking about the horrible liberal left and its namby-pambyism in the 9th Circuit, I will note that the 9th Circuit (includes CA and HI) is known for VERY progressive (and wacky) decisions. It gets overturned by the Supreme Court more than any other circuit - especially with a conservative Supreme Court whose Chief Justice's absolute biggest issue is limiting federal power.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #35
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Who really cares what actors say about one another?

They are just people like everyone else. If you heard average joe down the road saying such things would you really care? Probaly not. If actors do a good job entertaining then give them credit but leave their personal lives alone.

Charelton Heston was a great actor but has said some very stupid things in the past as well, remarks that were even racist.

I do believe anyone who says anything should be careful that it isn't being brodcasted by the media when they say it. Look at what happened to that Canadian who worked for the government. She had a negative opion about Bush, the media was in the right place at the right time and she was crucified. So actor or nobody you should be careful what you say when the media is around. Does it matter that it was Clooney who said it.

[ 01-22-2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]