Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #1
Viper Venom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a Level 1 Barbarian that I am leveling up. When I level him up to Level 2 Barbarian he receives more HP points, but then does not receive any points for Strength, Will, Presence..etc. Is this normal, bug in the game, or did I do something wrong?
Thanks for the help.
Viper Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 10:57 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

You didn't get any ability points? Strange! I've never seen that. You should get one ability point at least unless all your stats are 24. If you have a saved game before leveling up then reload and try again. If you don't get any ability points again then, I am aftraid, you have discovered a new bug (?) in W&W.
Please, post the circumstances under which it happened (the barbarian's stats, his history, etc.) so that others can try to figure out what happened.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
Detah
Dungeon Master

I have observed a loose relationship between stat pt gains, levels and changing classes, similar to skills. If you were a L5 Warrior and changed to Barbarian L1, then you would gain 0-1 stat pts per level until you attained L6 Barbarian status. So when you gain L6 Barbarian, then you would gain the regular 1-3 stat pts again. There seems to be no pattern to this, so I just reload until I get the 1 stat pt.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 11:25 AM   #4
Viper Venom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My barbarian is a Lizzord and is a Level 5 Warrior/Level 1 Barbarian. I am running Windows XP with the patch. I reloaded my game a couple of times in hopes of some attribute points but kept giving me none. Will keep reloading the old saved game until I get the one stat point for the attribute trait. Thanks Detah
Viper Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 02:34 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

I recognize this discussion and if I remember correctly the answer last time was that you donŽt get any points for stats until your new role level is higher thatn the previous. That is, youŽlln have to wait until you become level 6 barbarian until you get any stat points. You also only get 1 skill point until the level is higher than the old class... After that you get the normal amount based on your characters intelligence...
Old 06-20-2002, 06:27 PM   #6
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

it is weird but sometimes it has let me have an ability point and two skill points I wonder if there is a bug in my game.

Ya they all pretty much answered it
Old 06-21-2002, 05:36 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

I think I understand now. Yes, if you change role then your gains in skill points and ability points are minimized until you reach a level which is higher than the highest level you have attained so far. For example, warrior 7 -> paladin 4 -> barbarian 1. You have to reach level 8 before you begin to get your ability and skill points. Until you reach level 8, you will get 1 ability point (sometimes), 1 hit point (almost always) and 1 skill point (almost always). Therefore:

Always reset adventures after role changing unless you have a serious reason for not doing it. Reset adventures clears your role history so that you will get your ability, hit and skill points immediately and you can also choose any new role later. A serious reason for not resetting adventures is, for example, having high guild levels and planning to speed up training advanced skills in the guilds.