Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 09:27 AM   #1
Detah
Dungeon Master

In the best tips thread, there is a great list of all town quests.
There are 2 quests which baffle me, however. I just completed the hook quest and now I face a dilemma. Is it possible to solve both the Leprechaun and the Talon Fang quests? The language is confusing in the best tips note. How exactly does one get quest #3 without taking quest #2 first?

I have not yet accepted the Leprechaun's quest; waiting for some instruction on how to proceed....

reproduced from best tips thread:
2. Bring proof of existance of the Leprechaun (return the Stone of Clover) 5000 XP, Guild Level 6
3. The Talon's Fang quest (retrieve the Talon's Fang from Collasium, 500 XP, Guild Level 7)...due to a bug, will only "kick in" if you haven't taken the Leprechaun quest.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:13 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know!

I'll have to go check who wrote that post/tip and see if I can't email them for an explanation! If I get one, I will update the Best Tips thread too!

Wyv

and now the edited message

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Wyvern ]

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:52 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Found this finally over on Xignal's site:

The Talon's Fang Quest

This is the third quest from Miruth in the Brimloch Roon Pawn Shoppe. Normally a member of the Thieves Guild won't receive this quest due to a minor programming error but here are a couple of solutions:

1) Have one thief accept the Leprechaun's Quest and another thief decline it. Then re-enter the Guild with the second character and Miruth will offer the Talon's Fang quest.

2) Complete the Talrik's Hook quest, kill the Leprechaun (without taking that quest), and then visit the Thieves Guild to get the Fang quest.

The Talon's Fang is found in Collasium. It is either in a chest or is dropped by the Mother of Crabs after killing her. A cool, watery quest.

Now I'll go update the best tips thread too!
Old 03-06-2002, 09:21 AM   #4
Detah
Dungeon Master

Oh my. More complex than I had hoped for.

It appears that under method #1:

"1) Have one thief accept the Leprechaun's Quest and another thief decline it. Then re-enter the Guild with the second character and Miruth will offer the Talon's Fang quest."

Then the first character will get the Leprechaun quest, while the second character will have only the Fang quest. I have found that once you move on to a lower quest on the list, you cannot go back to a previous quest. Therefore, the second character cannot get or solve the Leprechaun quest. So can we conclude that neither character 1 nor character 2 can complete both quests?

I only see one possibility here. Let character 1 get Leprechaun quest. Let character 2 decline Leprechaun quest and reenter to receive Fang quest. Then go fetch the Fang item. Drop Fang in front of BR. Enter guild and let character 2 request quest. If its possible that character 2 can now get the Leprechaun quest, then you could go solve the Leprechaun quest and everyone would get credit for it.

Now looking at method #2:

"2) Complete the Talrik's Hook quest, kill the Leprechaun (without taking that quest), and then visit the Thieves Guild to get the Fang quest."

It looks like no one will ever get or solve the Leprechaun quest. Is that true?

Has anyone found a method to get and solve both quests for the same character? [This may sound nitpicky, but I would really really really like to get Guild level 7 for at least 1 character so I can complete my catelog of skills/traits which each guild level offers.]

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:51 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Detah - I would suggest you write Xignal directly and ask him! He's the one that discovered this whole third quest thing.

Wyv
Old 03-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

What I've seen is that until the leprechaun quest is completed, thief #2 doesn't get offered the Talon quest. He or she keeps getting offered the Leprechaun quest.

Now, having played my last game so that one character got the Talon quest, I can tell you that I would just as soon skip it. You don't get significant XP (heck, you get a lot more from the reward bug), and you can never get to guild level 7. And since you get to fight the mother of crabs anyway, all that you can pick up is a dagger that you can resell (that is, unless you think it's better than your enchanted Wizard's Blade, that is).

All that said, I don't know if killing the leprechaun affects the questing. I've never nailed him, although I think I will try getting up close and personal this time.

So in short, there was nothing to gain from completing the Talon quest IMHO, and a whole lot to lose. I plan on skipping it in the future.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #7
Palla
Welcomed New User

Well, I managed to find the Leprechaun's stone and receive that Talon's Fang quest. Unfortunately, I never did find that wretched knife when I cleared out the underwater city. (It wasn't on the Mother of Crabs.) Now that I've finished Cet's pyramid, it seems kind of pointless to get back to the Lost Sea area just to look for the thing in a chest I might have missed.

I'm not complaining though. That 5000 EXP reward bug following the Leprechaun stone quest got my assassin, zenmaster, and valkyrie levelled up to 10 in about one hour without even leaving town!

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Palla ]

Palla is offline   Reply With Quote