Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 05:07 PM   #21
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

No, lets definitely not open that can of worms again, its depressing and absolutely unwanted. People come here for fun and relaxation and to read about what you need to do to get banned or whatever, it's pretty self-explanatory. We really don't want a repetition of the flamewars of last year.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #22
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

No, lets definitely not open that can of worms again, its depressing and absolutely unwanted. People come here for fun and relaxation and to read about what you need to do to get banned or whatever, it's pretty self-explanatory. We really don't want a repetition of the flamewars of last year.
Hear, hear. Trolls shouldn't worry us too much - they get squished pretty fast [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 07:11 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

That was very big of you to post that Link [img]smile.gif[/img] You just had a "bad patch" so to speak it sounds like, but are older and wiser now it seems, and I'm glad Ziroc felt the same way and forgave you and let you back in. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #24
Jorath Calar
Harper

I remember Istaron coming back, don't remember his name and actually bragging that he had gotten IP banned and still managed to register again... that was the funniest, dumbest troll ever, a mod, Saz or mouse I think saw him a squashed him pretty well... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't feed the trolls, just ignore them and they go away.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 09:17 PM   #25
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I don't mean to sound like I'm kissing ass at all (cuz I hate that) but the moderators here are really great.

When I first came to IW I was on the defensive after coming from a very badly managed forum. The mods there were nitpicking, power-tripping and downright abusive at times so I left before I was reduced to posting evil messages.

Here the mods actually take part in threads. They don't seem like mods until they have to be (if that makes any sense). Ziroc himself is the nicest chap you'd ever meet on forums and I don't even know him as well as many of you. I get the sense of mutual appreciation from him for taking part in his forums and making it what it is today: a friendly online community.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #26
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I saw some people on Temple of Elemental Evil board who was unregistered after posting 1 or 2 post. That was fast!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #27
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Kakero, read this thread here
It may potentially clear up the potential reasons for the rapid disappearances.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-10-2003, 12:14 AM   #28
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

oh, thanks for the link Firestormalpha, I was wondering what happen. LOL.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:31 AM   #29
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

Next week I will have been here a year but I do not remember any flame wars.

LINK what a great post, good on you [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

About feeding the troll. A few months ago we had an Australian member who went off the rails and started the slippy ride into oblivion. I tried to talk to him and get him to stop and rethink, hopeing because it was night time in USA the board was quiet and he may have been able to delete his posts and go and cool off, all to no avail. Should you try to talk to them or let them burn out like a candle? Maybe I was feeding him? I had only chatted to him a few times before but felt as though I should try something. Advice please

edit spelling

[ 11-10-2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wellard, sometimes the people who mess up are legit and dont' mean to or just don't realize that what they are doing is not acceptable on IW, because they come from places where it's a lot rougher and people flame as a matter of course.

BUT sometimes it's just a troll being a troll and they relish all the attention they can get, because it means they've 'fooled' someone. Most trolls delight in wasting other people's time or getting them riled up. I saw one on GD (who oozed into BG2) once, who claimed to be this young innocent kid, but was posting highly explicit sexual descriptions and aberrations and fishing for sympathy....he ended up getting a lot of people going back and forth about how he might be real or how he was a troll...until he got to sit back and laugh while WE argued amongst ourselves about his veracity! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Definite trollish waste of space, that one. Yet some people even went to instant message programs to 'help' him.

So I guess the best thing to do is wait and see how he/she behaves and take your best guess! Sorry I can't be of more help on that one! I think sometimes it's just a 'gut instinct' to tell if it's a troll from past experiences. [img]smile.gif[/img]