Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-03-2001, 10:25 PM   #21
Moni

Hello Cloudbringer and thank you for the warm welcome to this side of the Ironworks Forums! I posted a thread as promised and see that CyberPixie has graced this post with her presence as well! Thanks CyberPixie!

CyberPixie, I too get alot of respect from male gamers that I know for having played Magic The Gathering in Tournaments as well as being a fan of Wizardry (since Wiz 1) and the Might and Magic series.
Looking forward to expanding my experiences in the gaming world ; ) esp. since my roomate has games that date from the 1980's to games just released. The choices are vast and a decision has been hard to make. Currently playing a slow-going second round of W&W and trying out "Soulbringer" in between all the yard work and gardening projects that I am commited to completeing this spring.

: )
Moni

Old 04-03-2001, 10:44 PM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

With great regret I push my smart-ass side aside and say I'm glad to see all you ladies love wielding swords,spells,and magic knicknacks and hope to be diced,sliced,chopped,chipped,covered,and smothered by you all! Yes I am idiot but I'm a happy idiot! Kisses to all of you, and a really big one too...Cloudy! Hey is BK gonna chop my head off?
Old 04-03-2001, 11:09 PM   #23
BLKCat
The Magister

Here I am... another one from the Wizards and Warriors forum...standing up (well, sitting really!) to be counted! I am 42, and between my husband and son and myself, we have 5 computer of various 'flavors'. (Not counting PS2, Sega, Nintendo 64, etc.) I am the 'network administrator', as they call me, because when the computers 'malfunction' they hollar for me to fix 'em! We seriously have more games than can be counted, and have honestly considered wallpapering with game boxes!
Old 04-03-2001, 11:35 PM   #24
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Not to portray myself as a sensitive, nurturing, supportive male (one ex-wife, one ex-fiance and numerous ex-girlfriends would put the lie to that), I would be honestly surprised if there is not a significant population of female RPG gamers.

I got into these because I am a HUGE Tolkien fan. In high school and college/university, most of the other avid Tolkien readers I met were women. I just figured this is a natural extension.

Sorry to intrude upon "the Sisterhood." Perhaps I should collect my "drunken" associate and depart. LOL

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 04-04-2001, 12:04 AM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BLKCat:
Here I am... another one from the Wizards and Warriors forum...standing up (well, sitting really!) to be counted! I am 42, and between my husband and son and myself, we have 5 computer of various 'flavors'. (Not counting PS2, Sega, Nintendo 64, etc.) I am the 'network administrator', as they call me, because when the computers 'malfunction' they hollar for me to fix 'em! We seriously have more games than can be counted, and have honestly considered wallpapering with game boxes!
Welcome BLKCat!

Do you have cats? I'm a cat person, in addition to the gaming thing! Got two orange ones and black/grey tabby at the moment.

Wallpaper with game boxes...now there's a novel decorating idea!

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of The Ironworks Forum
Keeper of the LoA (somebody had to have the keys!)

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 12:11 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
With great regret I push my smart-ass side aside and say I'm glad to see all you ladies love wielding swords,spells,and magic knicknacks and hope to be diced,sliced,chopped,chipped,covered,and smothered by you all! Yes I am idiot but I'm a happy idiot! Kisses to all of you, and a really big one too...Cloudy! Hey is BK gonna chop my head off?
LoA: Glad to see you're enjoying the thread! And BK already told you he won't decapitate you...for now!

Thanks F for starting this up again...we need to do it more regularly. I am very pleased to meet all of my fellow female gamers! You may even get me into new games...ack NO... * Cloudy's real life disappears into the void as she games/posts round the clock* EEEEF!

Hey IR! Long time no see. Ladies, these gentleman are BG2'ers and quite harmless! Actually very nice (don't tell them I said that!)

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of The Ironworks Forum
Keeper of the LoA (somebody had to have the keys!)

PS- I have a VAST collection of nicks given to me by various board members at various times, so get used to not knowing what I'm signing with from day to day!

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-04-2001, 12:27 AM   #27
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

As you can plainly tell, Cloudbringer and I have never dated.

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 04-04-2001, 02:12 AM   #28
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Female?? You betcha! I'm 29 years old and have been playing RPGs ever since I first set my eyes on Rogue back in... back in... gads I don't remember that far back. I love RPGs, especially the first person types and those that don't require fast reflexes because I don't have the best eyesight. I like games to be in depth, with fun story lines. The longer it takes you, the better! (so long as there are wonderful boards like Ironworks for tips!)

I also like fantasy books and movies, and some sci-fi books and movies, though I find much of these genres try to take themselves a wee bit too seriously. I love a good lampoon!

I bet there a lot of RPG playing women out there, and even more would enjoy playing if they thought to give it a chance. Forget the stereotypes - grab a sword and get adventuring!!!

Old 04-04-2001, 02:41 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

HooooooOooooooooowl!
Just paying my respects to the ladies here, you are not that common where I live so I howl to you and to let you know I think you all are great!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-04-2001, 04:47 AM   #30
Sir_Tainly

LoA found this place, and kept it to himself, what happened to share and share alike?

Good to see so many female RPGs, still that said the ratio here still makes them a rare breed, maybe we should offer recruitment endorsements for ladies joining the hobby?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123