Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-15-2001, 11:11 PM   #41
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Uh.. "docked".. what a ship or boat is when not in the free waterways. Simply out of the shipping lanes. Er... you must be thinking of dogs and docking tails or something. Sorry, not what I meant and 'navigate' was sort of a clue.

Cloudy

Sorry I guess I just misunderstood what you meant, the same way your friend ladyzekke misunderstood Moni's reference to you being noble.

To dock a ship is to put it out of commission. While your explanation offers your statement validity, I would not immediately think of ships or dogs when talking about people.

I guess we all just misunderstood each other again *sigh*. These are trying times and mistakes happen. -Cheers-

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-15-2001, 11:47 PM   #42
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm so glad this "misunderstanding" has been rectified. Nice to see the situation settled so peacefully and apologies offered so readily and gracefully.

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 12:36 AM   #43
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

What the hell? I thought this thread was for everyone to say their own personal views on things.??

Moni, your reply is nothing but nasty:

"Well, aren't you just noble!"

Geez, I give up, I keep trying to give you another chance and be your friend, even though I have seen many flames from you and your boyfriend "Khan", not to mention the hate e-mails that you have sent to certain members. I thought that we had all gotten over our differences after the past few strenuous days, guess not. I Do not see anywhere where Cloudy said anything that was offensive in any way, shape or form. Why do you post ugliness? Jeez, we all are of different religions around the world here on this forum, that must be recognized and accepted.

WTF?! I have read the replies since this one and I'd like to say thank you to you and Cloudy AND KHaN for clearing up all the apparent misunderstanding that seemed to eminate from my post but LadyZ...man...You blow me away!

Cloudy is allowed to post her opinion but because mine is different I am flaming her?!

I am nasty because you perceived nastiness in my post?!

Who is flaming who?!

Giving me another chance...give me a break! If I remember correctly, any conflict between the two of us came about by you quoting a post of mine and misconsturing its meaning...making it something hateful when it wasn't, the same as you have here! We went rounds because you couldn't let up trying to find something hateful in my posts and I think I proved to you then that you were way off! I have yet to hear any apologies from you for your attacks against me. Giving me another chance...I don't need any chances from you. I was being nice to you, period. That's me, I'm nice to people whether they perceive me as their enemy or not, OK?

Any "hate mail" you are referring to was e-mail sent to people who flamed me to a point where the threads they posted in got locked. I told them what I thought of their opinion and you weren't even involved so why do you feel it necessary to bring that up? I wasn't the one being hateful and if you personally want copies of what I sent to who, please feel free to e-mail me and ask me to forward you the copies they were sent. In comparison to the attacks that were made by them against me here, I was being nice in the e-mail they received.

That e-mail was answered in one case with name calling and personal attacks in an e-mail to me while a public apology was posted on the board...the other member I wrote to, when we were asked to take it off the board hasn't replied or apologized for their attacks against me and that's fine...I don't need your all's apologies to survive...I don't need everyone to like me...to expect such out of life would be pretty unrealistic.
If you are referring to any e-mail I sent to Memnoch, our correspondence was very civil and very constructive...the only thing that has kept me from leaving sooner than now.

The attitude toward life, like I mentioned in my post here that you attacked...its the same kind of attitude that makes it hard to remain a member here at IW...constantly exposed to senseless bickering, seeing sensationalism take precedence over common sense and the giving of one's self to the rest of the community. To see good people do what they can to bring their imagined enemies down when those people aren't enemies at all.

I don't care who does and who doesn't like me here but I'll not play a part to people going out of their way to make others feel miserable and running them away from this forum. This is a public forum and whether or not I will be welcomed back by you makes no difference to me...I'll come back when I want.

I'll am leaving IW for a number of weeks in order to maintain some pleasantry in my life...it can't be had coming here.
Please, if you have any more public attacks to make against me personally, take them to an e-mail addressed to me instead where I'll at least have the chance to answer to you in my defense.

Thank you
Moni

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-16-2001, 12:51 AM   #44
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Did anyone else read what Jerry Falwell had to say about the terrorist bombings?
I quote

"God Almighty is lifting his protection from us. We have imagined ourselves invulnerable and have been consumed by the pursuit of ... health, wealth, material pleasures and sexuality...
All of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say, "You helped this happen" "

According to Falwell, God has stopped giving America his divine protection because he is angry at us. Specifically, "pagans, abortionists, feminists, homosexuals, the American Civil Liberities Union and the People for the American Way." He is blaming them for Tuesday's attacks.

I'm not going to turn this into some Christian bashing thread. I have a lot of Christian friends, and they are wonderful people. But when I read a story like this, I am glad I am not religious.
And can we all agree that Falwell is just freaking insane?

Another reason I think those 2 'people' are scum. They DO NOT speak for the SANE percent of the Christian religon I'm sure..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-16-2001, 12:53 AM   #45
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

yeah, Moni, go take shower and come back
wait! did you just say a FEW weeks? awwwww.... are you abandon me here? me is gonna to be so lonely!

ok, Moni, you have been quite angry these days, is everything alright with you? I sure hope it is. if anything happens, just let me know OK?

you can email me at pleozhou@hotmail.com

why cannot people just get along?
Old 09-16-2001, 12:54 AM   #46
Ziroc

I think "Jerry Fall-well" and "Fat Sloberson" both worship either Bane or Cyric.. Oh... I just HAD too... (I did!!)

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-16-2001, 01:06 AM   #47
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Didn't you mean Jerry Fall to hell?
Old 09-16-2001, 01:23 AM   #48
G'kar

I'll just hafta forgive Mr. Falwell once again. Whats so funny, is I'm one of those ACLU loving, prochoice, straight but not narrow-minded, pagans for the American way that he blames it all on. It would probably drive him to prayer to hear me testify that I call for my inner-christ to help me forgive his poor,misguided, and ignorant ranting.

Here is to all the open-minded, tolerant people of the world, Cheers!

Old 09-16-2001, 01:34 AM   #49
KHaN
Drow Warrior

At least they are not as bad as Jimmy "If I dont get money Gawd will recall me" Swaggert!!

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."
Old 09-16-2001, 01:46 AM   #50
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
WTF?! I have read the replies since this one and I'd like to say thank you to you and Cloudy AND KHaN for clearing up all the apparent misunderstanding that seemed to eminate from my post but LadyZ...man...You blow me away!
I just wonder when some of these rules governing foul language, even if **** out, and nasty posts to others is going to come into effect for EVERYONE here!

Oh, and Khan, I didn't see you keeping your self proclaimed girlfriend in check last night after I had gone to sleep and wasn't here to defend MYSELF!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-16-2001).]