Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 03:59 PM   #1
shakennotstirred

I´m really frustrated...
I don´t even manage it to kill my opponents in chapter 2.
My party: main character, Korgan, Minsk, Aerie, Nalia, Jaheira.
i´ve to say that I´a beginner what concerns this game, but it´s really hard to kill the dwarf etc. at the "Den of Seven Vales" or the slavers at the "Slavers boat".
Pleas give me some hints otherwise this is no great fun,
thanx, sNs!

Old 09-02-2001, 04:12 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well the seven vales battle is rather tough for low level parties, so id suggest doing that later. try the Umar Hills quest or something. or maybe the harper quest... thats very easy, and you get 20k xp for doing squat!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-02-2001, 04:21 PM   #3
deathknight
Drow Warrior

hmm actually the slavers is not really super hard. with the proper strategy the party you have could probably do it. summoned creatures can be very helpful. send them into fights first and send your fighters after. this should have most of the attacks going to the summoned creatures. your npcs are not a bad selection though so you should do fine with who you have.
Old 09-02-2001, 04:29 PM   #4
Messier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Web(Aerie) -> Entangle(Minsc) -> Cloudkill(Nadia) -> Insect Plague(Jaheria) ->
use anything to kill everyone trying to get out especially that thief.

yep kind of cheesy but this battle is too tough for low level, even summoning fire elemental wont help, come back after chapter 2 if you want to fight without using cheesy strategy.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:04 PM   #5
dulouz
Manshoon

If you have Hold Person in your spell book, use it. It is very helpfull when it works, and it doesn't affect your party members as far as i know (unlike web and entangle or something...)

The Slavers and the Fighting Pits are the some of the first quests i usually do.

Dulouz.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:29 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

The guys in seven vales are piece of cake you can hunt them down even when you're at beginning. Enter the room and say that you wont fight them and get closer to mage. Attack mage with your 2 men and the other 3 to imp they both will die in 1 or 2 rounds. Thief will flee. And you can kill the other 2 guy wth your melee fighters.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:52 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I'd say "haste" your party in addition to that. Toss a fireball or two into the room, targeted on the spellcasters, or have Jaheira do the Insect Plague on them. Get your main fighter on the thief and take him down before he leaves...he has some GREAT equipment, including a ring of Invisibility. Then concentrate on taking out the dwarf and the barbarian (Smelly, as the imp calls him).

It can be done. I do it each time right after the circus, and never lose anyone...and, other than the fireballs, do "not" resort to "cheese" (and I STILL don't understand how using legitimate spells that are in your spellbook are "cheesy." This isn't USENET, guys!

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 12:00 AM   #8
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Well, Shakennotstirred, if your new to the game and not familiar with tactics or spells then it can be a very tough fight. Pebblecrusher, is a tough character given race and the items he has. What I would suggest is to draw them out 1 or 2 at a time downstairs and outside. Once outside, you have the odds in your favor and can usually best them...goodluck!

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 09-03-2001, 12:35 AM   #9
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Summon as many "helpers" as possible (fodder) and haste everyone. Use what you have in inventory (wands potions ect...). You'll be fine.
Old 09-07-2001, 04:04 PM   #10
Drawde1
The Magister

I really don't understand why using area-effect spells is considered "cheesy". Using an invisible or stealthed character to locate enemies then fireballing, entangling etc. them is a perfectly legitimate and realistic (in relative terms) tactic. They attack you once you've damaged them anyway (if they can). Using cloudkill on dragons or other enemies when they can't detect that it's damaging them is another thing entirely, but that's fixed by the BG2 Fix Pack and possibly by ToB.