Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-20-2001, 12:24 PM   #1
Lilysmom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello All,

Trying to be the good Paladin that I am supposed to be, I didn't kill Barg after I talked to him (about Isaea and Dirth). Therefore, I didn't get Isaea's diary, which I need to get Nalia back. I have everything else, but now I can't find Barg! I looked in the Sea Bounty and where I originally found him, but...,

Does anyone know where I can find him or what I should do now???

Thanks in advance! Allie
Old 08-20-2001, 12:29 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You don't have to kill Barg. You just need his hearsay evidence. Did you go to Isaea's house? If not go there, then go to the Council of Six building.

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 12:40 PM   #3
Lilysmom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed Dirth and got the ledger and talked to Barg, but Corneig (or whatever his name is) says Barg is not a reliable witness and the other stuff isn't enough. Someone (an earlier posting I read) said you had to kill Barg to get a diary or some sort which implicates Isaea. Am I doing something wrong? Does it matter that I went to Corneig before I had all three things??

Thanks again, Allie
Old 08-20-2001, 10:58 PM   #4
Lilysmom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please help - I'm still stuck.... If Barg doesn't come back and I can't free Nalia, what happens? I've already freed her keep, if that makes a difference.

Hoping for good news!
Allie
Old 08-21-2001, 01:36 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

do these:

get info from barg; he goes away forever
get letter from dirth whether theft or from his cold dead hand
get ledger from isaea's crib (roenall estate, govt district)

i dont think the order you present the evidence matters, but i always start with "he abducted nalia" and end with "he's a slaver". always works for me.

and once ive rescued her, i tell nalia to take a hike. ive got her keep, i dont need her .
Old 08-21-2001, 02:03 AM   #6
trux

The only thing the keep has to do with is that you have to finish it before the Nalia abduction quest will trigger.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-21-2001, 11:22 AM   #7
Lilysmom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just wanted to say thanks to you all! It finally worked. I don't know what I did differently, since I already had all the correct/necessary items when I talked to Corgeig. The only thing I think was different was I had the Protagonist hold all the dirt on Isaea in her inventory whereas before it had been dispersed throughout my group's inventory. I thought this was strange since I had never had to do that before. Go figure....

Thanks again!
Allie