Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 08:40 AM   #1
Steve McDonald
The Magister

The "Encounter", "Question Button" and "Question List" events should have an optional "Button/option is present if..." box. This box would have all of the "event trigger" options.

Here is an example of how this would work:

You are with the oracle. What do you ask?
1. "Where can I find the crystal orb?"
2. "To whom do we need to give this crystal orb?"
3. Nothing. Let's get out of here.

In the example, 1. would trigger only if party has quest "find crystal orb", 2. would trigger only if party has special item "crystal orb" and 3. would always happen. This is a rather boring example I know, but this feature would really facilitate good discussion between PCs and NPCs.

I know this is already possible using event triggers, but when you have up to five answers, and any combination of the five is possible, then we are looking at 25 different events to perform what could be just one.

Of course, I wouldn't want this to interfere with spells etc.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

I'll add that to the feature list.