Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-13-2002, 11:55 PM   #1
Clym O'Clough
Welcomed New User

Playing W&W again (didn't finish the 1st time, I'm determined to this time), however, I gave the Wand of the Serpent to the Gypsy *before* I summoned the spirit Naga and opened the rest of the Temple....

...am I hosed? Will I have to reset the game? I really hope not, going to go back in and see if killing the gypsy will get me the wand back...my last save before getting/giving away the wand was hours and hours of playtime back, doh....

...Any hacks, etc anyone knows of?

Thanks!
Clym O'Clough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 01:35 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep, I did that before, too....

At least two, maybe three options:

1. Steal it from her (got pickpockets?)

2. Buy it back (don't think she sells it, though...)

3. Kill her for it

When I did it, I think I took option 1.

Failing all that, you can also petition Xignal or Wyvern to hack the wand for you, if they've tracked that one down already. But slaying the gypsy doesn't (like too many things in W&W) have a long-term impact, so....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:24 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Clym O'Clough!!!

Bungleau has given you excellent advice so I don't need to add to that. Xignal or I can probably hack you a wand if there is no other choice. Xignal is your best choice for a hack these days. I have difficulty handling the large files of a W&W save even in zip format. I don't believe I have the code for the Wand of the Serpent on hand but that shouldn't be too difficult a code to track down if needed.

Your simpliest solution would be to off the gypsy. While it appears the designers originally intended there to be consequences to actions which go against the oath sworn back in the crypt, they were not implimented in the finished version.

Good Luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote