Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 11:00 PM   #1
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Cool place you guys have here [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm curious about something-has anyone put together or found any listing of where the wizard scrolls to certain spells can be found? I'm curious, becuase I have a level 10 wizard who's sitting around with level 1-3 spells and nothing for his level 4 and 5 slots.

Or, barring that, has anyone seen any mods for adding scroll merchant(s) or enlarging their selection? The druid's wife and mayor's wife are fine up through level 2 or 3, but then I can't find anything else. Any ideas or suggestions?

-Raffin
PS. Next time I'll probably go straight sorceror and sorceror/paladin...wizards appear to be a bit too much trouble finding their spells.
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the forums, Raffin. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually, what you are experiencing is NOT unusual. Spell scrolls are VERY difficult to come by in the game as random treasure. However, IIRC, the druid's wife and the mayor's wife should have some level 4 and level 5 scrolls.

Just out of curiosity, didn't you get an option to select a new level 4 or level 5 spell when you leveled up? I could have sworn that you got that option - UNLESS your INTELLIGENCE is too low to allow you to take those spells. So you should have at least one level four spell and one level five spell. Confusing.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Wizards get no level-up spells. Druids, Clerics, Bards, Paladins, Rangers and Sorcerors get spells for free, each in their own way. The wizard has to buy all the spells for himself, and I know that once I played I could cast both 6th and 7th level spells without any actual spells for those levels.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Must have it confused with NWN. It's been a while since I finished IWD2. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:10 AM   #5
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Micah,

Thanks for the welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm starting a new party, and going with sorcerers over wizards. It's too strange to have a wizard level 10 whose best spell is Acid Arrow

-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:34 AM   #6
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Most of the higher-level spells and some of the better spells in IWD2 aren't found in stores. To make things worse, you only have one shot in the game to learn certain spells. So hoard those scrolls and save your game before memorizing spells to make sure your wizards learn them.