Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-21-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Where in the heck do you find the staff of the magi? I have been looking all over the docks area, and I just simply cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE. Any help would be much appreciated.
P.S. Also where is the ring of free action? I am sick and tired of being stunned over and over and over again =)

[ 11-22-2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 08:15 PM   #2
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Spoiler
~
~
~
~

~
~
~
~
~
~
Firstly you need to be in the bridge district. Near the bottom part of the map there will e a building with two doors. One has a lich in it, the other is the Twisted Rune. You'll want a rogue stone to enter the twisted rune. Be prepared to face a lich, beholder, vampire, mage, and thief. The ring of free action is in spellhold.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:25 PM   #3
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Just so you know it's one of the hardest battles in the game
Old 11-21-2002, 08:55 PM   #4
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Ah, Thanks guys. I will try that out when I get home. Just curious, do you think a level 14 sorceror would be able to win this battle alone? I mean, I am very persistent (as was demonstrated in the planar sphere quest, but that is another story =))
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Level 14? Doubtful...I beat it solo at level 18, with judicious use of Time Stop.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:27 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

level 14
i'd attempt it, with a scroll of protection from magic your safe from the lich, beholder and mage(can you cast spells w/ protection from magic on?)
I forget how high your weapons have to be. if you don't win the first couple of times go level
Old 11-21-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
level 14
i'd attempt it, with a scroll of protection from magic your safe from the lich, beholder and mage(can you cast spells w/ protection from magic on?)
I forget how high your weapons have to be. if you don't win the first couple of times go level
Prot. from magic disables your spellcasting abilities.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:49 PM   #8
dragon_lord
Elminster

With a party a level 14, yeah piece of cake. But a solo sorc at lvl 14, it would be quite tricky. Though long ago im sure i beat the twisted rune with a solo fighter/mage/thief at less then level 14. I beieve the Ring of Free action is somewhere in the Asylm Maze, although i cant remember if that is correct.

[ 11-21-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 08:18 AM   #9
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Buster_Wiz:
Ah, Thanks guys. I will try that out when I get home. Just curious, do you think a level 14 sorceror would be able to win this battle alone?
It depends on what you choose as your first level 7 spell.
Project Image? You won the battle before it even started.
Something else? Well... Good luck, mate. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The Ring of Free Action is in the first level of Maze in Spellhold. There's a book on the floor - click on it to summon a monster, rinse and repeat until you fight the last monster (a Beholder or a Mind Flayer, can't rememeber). Then, click on it again to get the Ring of Free Action.

Oh, and welcome to Ironworks, Buster_Wiz! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

[ 11-22-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 08:23 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
The Ring of Free Action is in the first level of Maze in Spellhold. There's a book on the floor - click on it to summon a monster, rinse and repeat until you fight the last monster (a Beholder or a Mind Flayer, can't rememeber). Then, click on it again to get the Ring of Free Action.

Oh, and welcome to Ironworks, Buster_Wiz! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
IIRC, first comes a Kobold, then a Sword Spider, Umberhulk, Mind Flayer, and lastly a Beholder. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Welcome, indeed, Buster! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

[ 11-22-2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote