Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-26-2002, 11:14 AM   #21
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Q:
Ah, The love in this place...
The return of the Q!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-26-2002, 11:18 AM   #22
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I remember posting on the old blue board. Maybe we should start a club for the "blue boarders."
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 03-26-2002, 11:34 AM   #23
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Would it have a bard? Bart the Blue Boarder's Bard?
Old 03-26-2002, 11:38 AM   #24
MagiK

I can feel da love [img]smile.gif[/img] Reeka, umm "Blue Boarders" would be a pretty small subset of the users wouldn't it? Id hate to see things degenerate to "us" vs "them" that way I stayed here because there really wasn't any of the snobbishness that other boards seem to have [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2002, 07:17 PM   #25
Diamond Q
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Q:
Ah, The love in this place...
The return of the Q!![/QUOTE]Shh!
Old 04-01-2002, 07:21 PM   #26
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
BS I know what you mean. Alot of us old Blue Boarders were members of both IW and BG Dungeon Tavern both. The Tavern was a great place, but the seeds of discord and controversy were just too prominent which ultimately led to their demise. IW in those days was a close knit group of people, we were more like a family of friends rather than the controversy and flaming that overcame the Tavern. I have seen too many boards go down the drain due to controversy and flaming, the lack of which makes IW so great and one of the many reasons why IW stands the test of time.
Well..I'm not saying we haven't had our ups and down....I took a couple of weeks away due to some unrest and posting wars with other boards...but I was more than happy to come back to the happy little on-line community that we call IW...

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-01-2002, 07:26 PM   #27
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Azreal, your story is very close to mine. If only we could get the newbies in the BGII forum over here, I know that they would like it, at least some of them. For me, it was Cloudy's. I saw the name and thought that it sounded cool but was too shy even to lurk at first. Then I posted and Cloudy was nice to me, so I stayed. But, I am sure that if I had been ignored, I would never have come back.
I too am a BGII refuge - however, mine was back in the old days (gets on rocking chair and stuffs unlit pipe in mouth) when we didn't even HAVE a General Discussion board...and we liked it...not like you youngins with yer fancy cars and fancy clothes...where's my teeth....

I was looking at the walk throughs and help stuff and clicked on the wrong part and went to something called a f-o-r-u-m...there were a lot of helpful posts. Then I saw that someone was in a car accident and people knew something was wrong before she posted it... she had been gone for 2 or 3 days and someone started a thread about her, and then she posted on it telling what happened...then one of the others started a well wishing post for her. I signed up and wished her well...and a few thousand posts later...here I am still. It's more than a chat site, it's a community.

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-01-2002, 07:36 PM   #28
Talthyr Malkaviel

Well, although my story took place 5 months later than BKs, it's similar.
I came seeking BG2 tips, and also to dispense some knowledge, and I somehow got sucked into to the thriving community that is Ironworks, and I have to say I'm damn well glad I did.
That is why I am so annyoed at how few people stay on to GD, and I've said so before.
Maybe when the new server's up, something like a sticky telling them all about GD, and showing them what they could be missing.