Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-30-2002, 03:02 PM   #31
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Hello Sir Micheal.

I just want you to know that I think he is a very good speaker. I am glad that you did get to see him and you had a good time.

I am a little upset with him thow...letting his dog off the leash then it getting hit by a truck. Bad Bill...bad! (I hope socks poops in his shoe!)
Old 04-30-2002, 03:06 PM   #32
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
Yeah - he raised taxes - and balanced the budget - something the Republicans never did. Is there something wrong with that?
you were half right,he raised taxes in colusion with the dems in congress.the budget was balanced because the republicans gained control of the budgetary process.and they were the ones who brought spending under control.
Quote:
Just face the facts, he was and still is very popular, and history will treat him a lot better than you.
don't you think it's still a little early to claim history is going to treat him well?the exact opposite seems to be happening if you ask me.now that he no longer has power he is no use to the party any more.so they are no longer defending clinton from attacks.and who knows what might be found about him.
Quote:
*cough* *cough* IRAN-CONTRA *cough *cough* WATERGATE

To pretend that the Republicans are all saints and the Democrats are all sinners is totally ludicrous, and you obviously live in a fantasy world if you think that.

By the way, I'd like to see the proof you've undoubtedly obtained to back up your statements.
iran-contra?excuse me but was the fight against communism comparable to the selling of our nations security for campaign contributions?
watergate.....oh yes!that's where nixon's people bugged the dems.i wonder where they picked that idea up?oh i know!the learned it from johnson.johnson had listening devices placed on barry goldwater's plane.i don't seem to remember the press making that big a deal out of that though.but of course,he was a member of the correct party huh?
face it,no scandal from any administration can compare to the things this bunch has done.
what proof do you want?
Old 04-30-2002, 05:10 PM   #33
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, I can't say that Clinton was the best President, with such a mixed bag of goings-on: negative = Waco, his dalliances in the White House, the lapses in security, positive = the economy and economic dealings with China (the best way to "turn" China around is to help open up its economy). I voted for him in 1992 but not in 1996.
Anyway, getting to attend a Presidential speech is quite an event; I went to one given by then-hopeful Dukakis in 1988. If you ever have the opportunity to attend one, even if you don't like the person, go!

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:11 PM   #34
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
quote:
Yeah - he raised taxes - and balanced the budget - something the Republicans never did. Is there something wrong with that?
you were half right,he raised taxes in colusion with the dems in congress.the budget was balanced because the republicans gained control of the budgetary process.and they were the ones who brought spending under control.[/QUOTE]Whatever, I see you have made up these fantastic events to put the Republicans in the best light possible (the Republicans would've had to have been damn fast to balance the budget, because as I recall, it was balanced in early 1995 - around the time that Gingrich's henchmen were just starting to move into Washington). Thus, there is no point in arguing with you, if you're only going to say negative things about Clinton and positive things about any Republican you come across.

Quote:
Just face the facts, he was and still is very popular, and history will treat him a lot better than you.
don't you think it's still a little early to claim history is going to treat him well?the exact opposite seems to be happening if you ask me.now that he no longer has power he is no use to the party any more.so they are no longer defending clinton from attacks.and who knows what might be found about him.[/quote]

No use to the party? At this time, he's the party's biggest and best fund-raiser, and all Democrats should be thankful.

Quote:
*cough* *cough* IRAN-CONTRA *cough *cough* WATERGATE

To pretend that the Republicans are all saints and the Democrats are all sinners is totally ludicrous, and you obviously live in a fantasy world if you think that.

By the way, I'd like to see the proof you've undoubtedly obtained to back up your statements.
iran-contra?excuse me but was the fight against communism comparable to the selling of our nations security for campaign contributions?
watergate.....oh yes!that's where nixon's people bugged the dems.i wonder where they picked that idea up?oh i know!the learned it from johnson.johnson had listening devices placed on barry goldwater's plane.i don't seem to remember the press making that big a deal out of that though.[/quote]

Maybe because there was no proof. If there is some, please provide me with some. Half the stuff you're telling me I've never heard of before, and I stay extremely close to both current and past elections. So, show me the goods or be quiet.

Quote:
[b]but of course,he was a member of the correct party huh?
face it,no scandal from any administration can compare to the things this bunch has done.
what proof do you want?[/QB]
Proof of most of your statements - particularly the ones picking out scandals (scandals that conveniently, the press didn't report on...). If you want to be believed instead of laughed at, you will produce some evidence.

My point is that whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, you must agree that Clinton is an intelligent, well-spoken, popular individual.

I don't know why you felt you had to start this pissing contest about Clinton, everyone has made up their minds about him one way or the other. I was hoping this could've been an innocent thread about someone seeing a celebrity in person (even I would be excited if I met George W. Bush or Bob Dole), but I guess you have proven me wrong.
Old 04-30-2002, 11:15 PM   #35
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:
I don't know why you felt you had to start this pissing contest about Clinton, everyone has made up their minds about him one way or the other. I was hoping this could've been an innocent thread about someone seeing a celebrity in person (even I would be excited if I met George W. Bush or Bob Dole), but I guess you have proven me wrong.
Politics and religion never seem to remain innocent topics of discussion.

I know what you mean about meeting celebrities--I still stew over the fact that I missed a book signing by Jimmy Carter back in Denton a couple of years ago.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.