Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-13-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
cHiCkEn_HeD
Dungeon Master

I apologize in advance if this is a topic that should not be on Baldur's Gate II forum. I am pretty much a newbie to the world of D&D. I've loved BG ever since its release in '98, but havent at all gotten into the hard rules and characters of the D&D universe until now. Anyway, Im reading through the D&D 3rd edition handbook and was wondering, there are lot of characters drawn (very well in fact) in the book, and each character that is drawn has a little subtitle underneath that says their name. example 'lidda' (i think thats her name, i kinda forget, im at work, dont have the handbook on me). My question is: are these characters just made up for the book? or are they actual characters in the D&D universe somewhere? and if they are, where can i find out more about them!? thanks again for your help everyone!
Old 03-13-2001, 01:47 PM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Chick, I think that you should put this thread in the 'General Discussions' forum - or in the 'AD&D & Other Fantasy RPG Novels' forum, maybe.
What a weird question ! I don't really know what to reply to that - maybe others will know ?

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 02:02 PM   #3
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To my knowledge, they are not actually characters, but just examples.

BK

------------------
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Old 03-13-2001, 02:27 PM   #4
cHiCkEn_HeD
Dungeon Master

Moiraine:
ya, i seem to have a problem with where i post things. maybe next time i will just ask you first, then post.

BK:
I think they are examples too. but there is one illustration that i really like. its an illustration of a female monk, named ember, that i think just ROCKS! and if she existed outside of this book, well, that would just be cool.
Old 03-13-2001, 03:15 PM   #5
Hesperex

With a scaner and a decent photo manipulation package you could soon get that female monk illustration turned into a Bg2 portrait. I would be willing to bet it already has you would just have to find it on the vast plane of existance that is the internet.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-13-2001, 03:23 PM   #6
Aegis Crownguard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The characters in the handbook are all created for the premiere purpose of being used as examples. The only exception is the cleric Jozan who was actually a character in an old FR book written by Julia Martin (who is also an editor of the PHB)

------------------
When all is lost, and the body has long since withered away, all you have left are your actions and their consequences.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:30 PM   #7
cHiCkEn_HeD
Dungeon Master

wow, cool, thanks aegis! thats awesome!

Hesperex, ya, its already done. as soon as i saw that pic i said "that HAS to be mine!"