Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

While in the Untrentide city (chapter 2 SoU) in the great library, I have been cursed. My ability scores got reduced by 2 and I got that cursed icon. Thinking it nothing permanent I continued playing on.
Now this thing just refuses to go off and apparently is permanent.
The wasabi merchant offers only merchant supplies, no healing.

I'm a level 4 fighter/level x rogue and using Dorna (levelled up as cleric only) as my henchman.

I've tried:
_resting
_potion of lesser restoration
_potion of heal
_potion of bless
_dispel magic (ability once per day from a ring)
with no effect.

The merchant does sell a scroll of remove curse but being a rogue/fighter I cannot use it. My henchman is able to use it but there is no way I can tell her to. Putting it in her inventory doesn't help.

I don't have any spell ranks in the feat that allow a rogue to use scrolls, and I just levelled up so won't be gaining any skill ranks anytime soon.

Is there any way I can remove this?

[ 07-17-2007, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

What about next level up let Dorna go Cleric and pick the remove curse spell. I think she can then cast it on you.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by toot033:
What about next level up let Dorna go Cleric and pick the remove curse spell. I think she can then cast it on you.
Dorna should be able to cast the remove curse spell from the scroll, iirc.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Greater Restoration.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
I wrote that I just levelled up so won't be levelling up anytime soon. Besides if I do level up I can take ranks in the skill that allows me to use scrolls, and won't need Dorna.
And... since a cleric takes all spells at level up it is not a matter of her "picking remove curse." It is a mtter of her memorizing it. She already has it and doesn't need level up to take it.
And as far as I know there is no way to control what spells your henchman picks up or memorizes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:
Dorna should be able to cast the remove curse spell from the scroll, iirc. [/QUOTE]Yes, I think I remember her casting spells from scrolls before that I just put into her inventory. But is there a way to control if and when she should cast spells from scrolls? I tried through dialogue but you only get the option of asking her to cast memorized spells, not ones from scrolls.

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Greater Restoration.
The wasabi merchant only has the lesser and regular variaties.

Anyway, I solved it. I found a remove curse scroll on the merchant that can be cast by any class. It seems some scrolls are like that (for example restoration...). Though I'm pretty sure I couldn't cast RC from a scroll before. Either there are 2 versions of the spell, one that can be cast by any class and one that can't or I simply made a mistake last time.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I just checked it. There are indeed 2 versions of the remove curse scroll on the merchant. One that can be cast by any class and one that can be cast only by a caster class.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
And as far as I know there is no way to control what spells your henchman picks up or memorizes.
IIRC, Clerics simply get access to either new levels of spells or new spell slots when they level up, so there isn't a choice required. But I thought it was possible to alter the spells they memorized.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
IIRC, Clerics simply get access to either new levels of spells or new spell slots when they level up, so there isn't a choice required. But I thought it was possible to alter the spells they memorized. [/QUOTE]I know, I meant the sorcerer/bard ones.

There is no way to change the ones they take. Unless it is something introduced by HotU. I have only SoU installed.

EDIT: clarification

[ 07-18-2007, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer

No, that doesn't get changed with HotU. Sorcerors "memorize" all available spells. They have a fixed number of spells per level that they can cast per day and you can choose however many of each level you wish to cast.

I thought that you could alter the bard spells though, but in all honesty, I do not play bards and it's been a while since I've played any of NWN1 or the expansions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Bards choose spells from the available list, as clerics, sorcerers and such, but, they can't change the spells once they select them, except on level ups. Clerics, Druids and Mages can change memorized spells daily, but Bards and Sorcs can't.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote