Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #31
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Without any liklihood of being correct, I just keep wondering if there is any legal way to get in Cet's tomb without having to do Collassium.

In the speed game it strikes me that Collassium is the only real hurdle, everything else is really just travelling, and of course killing dragon, but thats fast.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #32
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

plenty: does the vanish only work if you've given Kerah the holy water, or is Cet only there if you've gone through the Cet-Kerah conflict?

Mr Creosote: The only way I can think of would be to try to vanish into the entry room. I don't know if that's been tried before or not...

Also, swimming backward is rather easy if you've got someone with the map open. You just have to watch out for ending up on the shore or hung up in the brush on the side of the water. Once you know the general lay of the land, it's a lot easier too. The only place I have a problem with it is in the tunnel by the oracles. All you see in the map is rocky ground, so you can't see the path of the river there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:07 AM   #33
bsftcs
Red Dragon

One has free access to the entry room. One needs the tablets to be able to flip the lever.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #34
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bungleau:
- The vanish only works if you've given Kerah the holy water, else the spell simply faills.
- I have never been there before Kerahs and Cets randevu, becose the spell fails.
- I think that this part of the tomb location is beeing reload after the conflict.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #35
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, one more thing: when u are near that dors before giving holly water to Kerah, there are doors and 2 stabes, and vanish fails. After the conflict, u can see the tomb (doors are gone). Stabes are still there, but are vanishible.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #36
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, bsftcs. I'd forgotten what that entry room looked like [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll have to try your suggestions when I get to a speed game, plenty. I've actually run into the opposite issue with the door to Cet's tomb: I've cleared out the bars, but the door was still there. Conclusion of the Kerah-Cet confrontation removes it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #37
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

On swimming backwards:

I'm not really a fan. The real speed can be found two ways:
  • If there's air above the water, go skipping.
  • If to the roof, push up against the roof and slide.
Skipping works great: Just look about 45 degrees above the horizon & start running.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:05 AM   #38
Greidee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just made my first attempt at the speed game - 43 minutes.
Took 10 minutes to Brimlock Roon dock.
Longest part is after this, getting to Collassium.
I go around the top of the western sea to the shrine, then vanish through to the desert - Any better ways?
A couple of tips to reduce time (if you go my way)
1. Cast a portal at the western desert. Then when you exit Collassium, you just teleport back there.
2. As soon as you get in Collassium, create a portal. Once you get the first tablet, teleport back there.
3. Put next portal as per Aluph-Null's tip, at the entrance to the rotating room.

Slaying Cet is the easiest part (if you are at a high level). I actually have to do him in before he finishes speaking or i get a bug.

Tried swimming backwards - definitely agree with aleph-null1 there. Skipping is heaps quicker.

Here goes for the next attempt.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Greidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:42 PM   #39
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Greidee:
Just made my first attempt at the speed game - 43 minutes.
Took 10 minutes to Brimlock Roon dock.
Longest part is after this, getting to Collassium.
I go around the top of the western sea to the shrine, then vanish through to the desert - Any better ways?
A couple of tips to reduce time (if you go my way)
1. Cast a portal at the western desert. Then when you exit Collassium, you just teleport back there.
2. As soon as you get in Collassium, create a portal. Once you get the first tablet, teleport back there.
3. Put next portal as per Aluph-Null's tip, at the entrance to the rotating room.

Slaying Cet is the easiest part (if you are at a high level). I actually have to do him in before he finishes speaking or i get a bug.

Tried swimming backwards - definitely agree with aleph-null1 there. Skipping is heaps quicker.

Here goes for the next attempt.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
I've not done a speed game but I would think vanishing to the Lost Sea near the Shrine of Anephas would place you closer to Colassium and save time.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:38 PM   #40
Greidee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Wyvern! My pixie is charged up, but i'm getting serious wrist strain! Have to have a couple of brews first. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Greidee is offline   Reply With Quote