Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Since my game currently is bugging out, I guess I have some time to let you help me out with a new party idea that I have. The party is sculpted similarly to Dundee's HoF parties, with one paladin and many casters. However, I plan on taking this sucker through IWD, HoW, possibly TotLM, and then again on HoF.

Le partay:

Paladin (longswords, axes)
Ranger/Cleric (flails, slings)
Druid (scimmys)
General Mage (whatever)
Fighter7->Cleric (hammers, maces)
Thief/Mage (whatever)

I see a solid tank, 3 backup tanks, 6 casters(!), and one hell of a blast through the dale. Thoughts? I am somewhat reluctant to not have a bard, as I have never gotten around to using one, but I really wanted just about everything listed above and don't know what to lose. I had also considered a cleric/mage as a replacement for the fighter->cleric.

Thanks for any advice, and I hope to start this up soon!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:26 AM   #2
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Thats alot of magic going on there. As you will have seen when you posted on my topic the other day, Im also having a druid. But will he be able to cut it in the front lines? i mean i havnt played for a while but i dont seem to remember and scimitars better than "the lucky Scimitar" which is only +2. I just thought he might have a lack of HP's. Lol if your planning to keep him away from the fighting and just use the scimmy when some one gets near, then take my ramblings with a grain of salt. ( lack of knowledge )
Old 03-14-2005, 06:10 AM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

...Which is why I changed her to a fighter/druid. I think this party should be pretty solid, as tanking isn't needed in the early stages of the game, and by the time it gets hard I have enough fireballs to cope

BTW I named the fighter->cleric Ano [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] (<-Thats only funny if you've played BG2 with Anomen and Jan in the same party)
Old 03-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
ister
Drow Warrior

I don't think I'd change the F-C to C/M. I've played through with 3 mages, and it's tough to get enough spells for each. There are only so many scrolls, and with 3 casters you have to allocate them very carefully so that each can have a useful spell at each part of the game. I can't remember when I found the third 'web', but I think it was Upper Dorn's. And I was pretty happy about finding it too. The lack of decent mage equipment for three mages was tough. I think 2 magic casters is best for powergaming.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, I reconsidered on that. The only change that I've made to the above party is that the druid is now a fighter, with intent to dual at lvl 13.

The party is currently tearing up the Vale. Sure, I only have lvl 2 turning, but there is plenty of offensive power to cover that. I really like the fact that I am going from a melee heavy party in the beginning to a caster-heavy party by the end, via dualclassing.