Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-07-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Has anyone other then me noted that level two of the Undermountain seems alot shorter then level 1. Did I miss something?? I did not tour the city when I opened the portal to waterdeep: perhaps I should have.

Anyway, is there any way I can control who gets sent tto the underdark with my PC. I switched members to see what Deekin would say in the lower levels and brought Linu for laughs. So guess what, I get sent to the Underdark with Deekin. If I go back for Daelan and Sharwyn what are the chances I'll get Daelan: he's carrying the sword we got after the battle with the Blue Dragon.

Postscript: I selected my old character from the original Neverwinter. When I found the stolen personal items they were from my character in SOU. Is this software wierd or what.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:38 AM   #2
Zink Whistlefly

I thought Undermountain had 3 levels? Regardless, level 1 certainly feels the largest due to the big, maze of a central area.

There isn't much to see in Waterdeep itself, other than a couple of shops and a battle with a band of duergar. The portal that takes you to the surface of WD from a lower level of UM only takes you to the same place that walking outside the Yawning Portal Inn would do, rather than a different part of Waterdeep so don't worry about that.

As for who you take to the Underdark - as far as I know you can only take Deekin down with you. Halastar returns all the original NWN OC henchmen back to Waterdeep to inform Durnan that the drow attacks have been stopped. Don't worry about that though, since there are a couple of new possibilities that open up .
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Slightly figured that out already but the Tiefling doesn't like me and the drowess is no Viconia. I'm also irritated that I lost all that good equipment I passed to Sharwyn, Daelan and linu. A tremendous suit of armor of Linu and an excellent bastard sword to Daelan. Oh, well, its back to using the Helmed Horrors. They do well against Drow particularly if they have invisibility cast on them.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:11 AM   #4
Zink Whistlefly

Yeah the equipment loss is annoying, but then I realised that it does actually get returned to you on my last run through the game! If you enter the Realm of the Reaper - be sure to search the pool of lost souls (whatever it's called!) and you just might find Linu and Daelan's nice shiny items [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 09-09-2005, 02:01 AM   #5
Mirror Image
Manshoon

That brings up an interesting question, using the artifact. I only just recently began trying to use it by setting a location in the temple of the Seer. Now what happens is the question. If I die now will I be sent to the Seer's temple or this Realm of the Reaper. I have already died a few times since making that location so I don't think I am using it right. Talk about needing a user manual.

Then again the pillars in the Averial Island need a user manual. Everytime I tried to activate a pillar nothing Happened, while everytime the Drowess tried something bad happened. I finally gave up and just blasted everyone which wasn't easy since after the Temple challenge my PC was sick and constantly blowing the spells.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:42 AM   #6
Zink Whistlefly

If you die (as far as I know) you will lose a rogue stone and be returned to the Realm of the Reaper, not to a location which you bound to the relic.

You needn't have bothered binding a location at the Temple of the Lloth, since walking through the portal directly behind the Reaper will return you there anyway.

Try binding some other useful locations to the Relic - such as the merchant in Drearings Deep (gives you an easy appraise check) and see if you can easily transport yourself there when you need to sell a load of stuff. You can never have enough gold in HoTU!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

As to the gear your NPC's had, check the Divining Pool in the realm of the reaper, you may be surprised...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #8
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Yeah, I was. Not only is everything there I gave the companions, so are a few items I sold. And the return price is very reasonable. In other words the programmers goofed and set it up where you can make a fortune recovering the items from the pool and then selling them over again.