Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #1
devetoc
Welcomed New User

Help!
I'm at part 3 of the Serpent Temple walkthru (i'm actually almost done with the temple, just have to wrap up a few things). I swim through the round tunnel, but when I reach the end and try to swim up and out, I get stuck and drown. Is this a bug? I've tried all my characters, but I can't get out. This is driving me crazy! I really like this game and I can't believe this is it. Does anyone have any idea what I can do. I need the serpent idle.
Thanks
devetoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Give up, especially if you have winblows NT of any kind. For some unknown reason, it is almost impossible to get out of the water there. In old days, when we played the game on DOS 98 or DOS Me, it was always possible to get out but you need to be very patient and stubborn But you got out in the end. Why it is so, I don't know.

The only way of reaching the idol is the Vanish spell. Get as much from the water as possible, look in the direction of the tunnel before you, and cast Vanish. It works safely but you must be able to cast Vanish.

The Serpent Idol opens the shelf with the Book of the Servant in the Library. The book contains the correct answers to the "test questions" asked by the Spirit of Xydusa. If you know the answers, then you don't need the book. The correct answers are:

serpent charms - servant bows
serpent strikes - servant prays
serpent schemes - servant dreams
serpent sleeps - servant waits

(Read: if you are asked: "If the serpent charms", then answer "servant bows", and so on.)
Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, devetoc!!!

This has been a problem area for soooooo many players.

There are some solutions that you can try -

select your smallest character as your lead character.

swim backwards

spin around

If that doesn't work, it really isn't worth the bother. Radek has given you the answers you need, you really can do without the snake idol.

If you really want it, you can hack it. Somewhere I do have the code for that item, I believe, and hacking an item isn't extremely difficult but it probably isn't worth the effort.

This particular problem seems to plague some players and not others. I never experienced this problem. The game ran pretty much bug free on my system. Others seem to encounter ever possible problem there is in the game. We've found work arounds or solutions to all of them so if you have more difficulties, please let us know!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, devetoc! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May your adventures in the Gael Serran inspire all the Temple priests to rediscover the true faith.

You've got the right answers. I personally hate that part... nothing is more frustrating than fighting that crud while trying not to drown.

I could get through on Win98, but not on Win98SE or WinXP. Such is life...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I will echo the warm welcomes, Devetoc. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] it has been a while since the last time we has a new visitor, and we are glad to have you with us.

On top of what you have already been told, I will add 2 things: 1) Some people have had success placing a pixie or a dwarf as the leader of the party (the active character). That way they have been able to wriggle through. 2) Some have had success changing the resolution of the screen in order to come through a narrow passage. Once that is done you can change the resolution back. [img]smile.gif[/img] I play with a different resolution than most, and I have never been stuck there. But I do not know for certain whether that has anything to do with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]