Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

I have spent hours, yes hours, trying to get out of the Chapter Five Ice Palace visit. I've read walk-throughs, message boards, and spoilers. I've worried that I have a game stopping bug. I've re-loaded and re-played it three or four times hoping that I could get out. I tried running out through the main entrance and skipping over to the exit, but the game wouldn't let me. For the two days I've been able to play I've been stuck in an empty Ice Palace with Nickademus telling me to kill the demons and I already have. I've read that it's very hard to find that last demon. Well I want to know what donut head at Black Isle thought that spending hours in an empty game scape walking around in freaking circles would be fun? JEEZ! I also resent the fact that many of the puzzles require a mental level near clairvoyent to solve because the clues are so lousy, I have been forced to read cheats time and time again because I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. All this game is, is a weak hack 'n' slash with stupid problems thrown in and I HATE IT! I really can't stand not to finish a game once I've started though, so I am trying to get out of the goldern Ice Palace. I've placed a character in every room or a monster generated by my cleric and my wizard, and I still can't find that last monster. I have a really great party that I just don't want to abandon, but I am at wits end. I would gladly cheat my way out of the IP if I knew how. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

*whew*

Thanks for the rant space.

[ 01-02-2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: InjaYew ]
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yeesh! I'd call it anything other than hack'n'slash.

I took my two best warriors (preferably a paladin) on a full scan of every corner in every room, while keeping the rest of my party in the middle of a hallway. If the fighters find the last demon, then good for them. If it keep eluding them, then it will eventually run into the rest of the party.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Thank you for your reply, but I have scoured and re-scoured every room in the place. I haven't placed the rest in the middle though, so I'll go try that now.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Still stuck.
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Strange. Some favorite hiding places are in the bottom left of the battle square room, behind the chest in the trapped room with the cult of dragon necromancers, Nickademus' room, etc. They are bound to show up eventually.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

If anythin, the hints in the game are too obvious... Which ones do you have trouble with?
Anyways, use buttons 7, 8 and 9 to choose the first, second and last two characters in the party, and then walk around. You will eventually find the demons, and kill them, just make sure you look everywhere, as the map is pre-discovered from before. And don0t hate the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Marty,
I will re-check those places, but I have walked assorted characters around and around the map into the nooks and crannies.
Maybe I will stick characters in those spots.

Bozo,

I had trouble with just about all of chapter five. I took me a bunch of tries to get the histachii brew figured out with my wizard taking hits each time. I didn't get the hydraulic door. I couldn't figure out the drawbridge thingy. I thought I had killed that snake child dude, but he had really escaped me so when I put the wyvern poison in the water, the door didn't open. I didn't know what was wrong. Only after a jillion trips around level three and a few re-loads did I find him again and kill him. It has been really frustrating. I just spent the dang week-end in the Ice Palace. Grrrr...

AND I'M STILL IN THERE! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

When you say use buttons 7,8,& 9, do you mean Ctrl+ ?

Thanks.

Signed,

Frostbite Inja
Old 01-03-2005, 07:03 AM   #8
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

HA! I AM FREE!

I re-downloaded the patch and re-installed and when I opened the game I got a little earthquake with the finished message without killing any more monsters.

IT WAS A DANG BUG!

Or mebbe one o' them critters Nickademus summoned crawled into my harddrive...

*keels over*