Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2003, 11:04 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Simply put it does not work. The henchman inventory upgrade only works in SoU and new mods coming out after it made with it enabled. I have heard in the OC the hencman AI is at least upgraded.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 01:54 AM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

I could have swore I read that you can change henchmen inventory in the OC using the inventory command in the radial menu. Right-click the henchmen, and select other actions, and then select inventory and see what happens.

Incidently, In SOU I hotkeyed this to change inventory on the fly. You can manually change the henchmen from missle weapon to melee with this in the middle of combat!!! Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:48 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Try opening the official campaign in the toolset and see if theres any way to enable the henchman upgrade. Should work unless Bioware crippled it. Might have to mess with the henchmen - maybe comparing them with the ones included with SoU would be helpful. It might be as simple as saving the campaign from the SoU toolset.

Damn this though. I was under the impression that the OC would function with all SoU features by default.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry but they did not go back and fix it beacuse of several things. The big one is in the NWN OC when your henchman "levels up" you actually change henchman so you would lose the stuff you gave them. That is a biggie. Plus if they did do it you are talking another 100 megs of files (AKA the size of the NWN OC) to add to the download. Because this would be a patch they would have to send out to everyone. Could you image the poor guy on 56k internet trying to downlosd this?

From what I understand you can go back and add support but you can not fix the henchmen changing out without some major scripting changes.

Here are the treads I have found on it on Biowares site.

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...hmen+inventory

Granamere
Old 06-19-2003, 03:11 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isn't this being fixed in the 1.31 patch????

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

If you have a link that it will be fixed in 1.31 please post it. From what I have read so far it will never be fixed.
Granamere
Old 06-19-2003, 10:07 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

here is what your looking for but you must have a regestered version of NWN and SoU to download.
http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_regist...46342&gid=1561

This is suspose to fix the henchmen in NWN 1 so that they work like they do in SoU. AS close as possable so-far anyway! I'm not sure but this may only workin MODs????

[ 06-19-2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 06-20-2003, 04:15 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

The henchman AI/inventory hakpak scripts around the same issues that prevent the OC henchman working properly. I suspect the same techniques can be used to fix the OC henchmen. Or even better, if the henchman scripts can be made to use the new database functions, it would make it possible to make a complete fix.

But I dont know how much can be changed through a hakpak and what would need a complete module.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:34 AM   #9
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

TheCrimsomBlade thanks for the link! I have read the info and all but how is this going to fix the level up problem that your henchmen will disappear and the new one will reappear?
Granamere
Old 06-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #10
Chewbacca
Zartan

So the radial menu for inventory is disabled in the original OC? If not, can't you just empty the henches inventory before requesting the level up?