Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-28-2001, 01:39 PM   #31
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She glares at her friend and with a growl speaks.~ "When did you become such an idiot?"

~He chuckles, returning to his normal state.~ "I'm just trying to convieniently lead up to embarassing you. Nothing more."

~She smirks.~ "I'm sure I can do a fair job of that myself." ~She starts to turn towards Deiter.~ "Now if you'll excuse me."

~He tosses her a small bag of gold.~ "Take care Chani." ~Without another word he turns and exits the tavern.~
Old 10-28-2001, 01:46 PM   #32
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She places the bag of gold in her pocket and walks to the bar, sitting next to Deiter. She rubs her sinuses as if she had a terrible head-ache. She looks over at Deiter and exhales.~ "The walking migraine is gone."
Old 10-28-2001, 01:49 PM   #33
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Do want my guy to start calling you Chani or just stay with Killing Spree? Lol I'm getting confused

He looks over at her sitting next to him."Heh thats good, the guy talks too much."

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 01:51 PM   #34
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz stopped outside a derelict house. It had grown dark, the moon was hidden behind a thick blanket of clouds. She was about to continue to an inn to rest when she heard what sounded like angry voices. She crept closer...
"...will not allow this!" she heard a man say. She looked around a corner. A group of cloaked figures was standing in a circle around a man. They wore dark clothes, seeming to meld into the shadows where they were standing. They held daggers with a strange shine to them. Assassins.
The figure they were grouped around was something else altogether. It stood tall and proud, wearing red robes. With her infravision, Kaz saw that the human was slim yet athletic, taller than the assassins, standing straight and proud. A gap in the clouds revealed brown hair and a small beard. Red robes seemed black in the night. He held a quarterstaff, made of ebony, gripped in both hands, and magic seemed to fill the air around him. "I do not see why you must try kill everybody who tries to leave your brotherhood," the sorcerer spoke in a deep, melodic voice. "Why can you not just live and let live?"
The leader of the assassins smirked, showing broken, yellowed teeth. "Coz. It's in our rules. C'mon, boys, let's get him! Death to the renegade!" He and the others ran forward like flowing darkness.
Kaz felt it was time to step in. Earlier, she would have walked past, leaving the Guild of Assassins to deal with its own affairs, but her time with Larry and Mistral had made her bolder. "What is going on here?" she said, shedding the invisibility her staff had granted her. The leader stared at her. "Ah, lookit, he's got friends. Well, you'll die here, same as him." At a snarled word, two of the assassins leapt for her...

OOC: No, I do not need help, all will become clear later
Old 10-28-2001, 01:55 PM   #35
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:

OOC: No, I do not need help, all will become clear later
ooc: Mental note: Don't help Kaz Ok gotcha

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-28-2001, 02:12 PM   #36
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Chani or Killing Spree... HRM... Be careful in your choice or she might be like Maverick said and bite your tongue off! I think your appendages are safe with Chani.)

~She yawns, her hand absent-mindadely rubbing at the scythe on her opposite wrist. She looks at Deiter again.~ "Those new slashes you got there gonna be all right?" ~She strains her eyes and looks out the nearby window before turning back to him.~ "Temple of Illmatar right down the street if need be."
Old 10-28-2001, 02:12 PM   #37
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz smiled grimly as her Contingency took effect and she felt a Stoneskin covering her body. She quickly fired a magic missiles spell towards one of the thieves rushing towards her. He grunted and stopped fast. The other one raced towards her, but was still a fair distance away. Kaz quickly began casting another spell, thanking her Robe of Vecna. She finished just as the other thief reached her, stabbing his poisoned dagger against her and removing one stoneskin layer. A glowing ball of light hurled towards the middle of the fray. Suddenly, assassins started wandering around, looking confused, or attacking each other.
The assassin in front of her was unaffected, though. Kaz spun away just in time to doge another slash from his knife. She murmured the words of a Burning Hands spell and aimed it at him, wincing as another stoneskin layer was torn away. The thief stopped and screamed as the flames consumed him. Taking her staff and hitting him with it, Kaz was surprised to see him fall over, dead.
In the quick breather she'd gained, she glanced over at the Sorcerer. Several cloaked figures lay at his feet, whether unconscious or dead, she could not tell. He nodded towards her in gratitude. Now for some fun, Kaz thought and began chanting again. Suddenly one of the thieves shouted, "Guards!" and they melted away. Kaz heard the footsteps of approaching guards and decided not to stick around to hear what they had to say. Nodding back to the sorcerer, Kaz left her Disintegrate spell unfinished and walked away quickly, yet not so quickly as to arouse suspicion. Surprised, she noticed how the sorcerer disappeared in the shadows. He must have some thief skills, I guess. Not a pure Sorcerer, then, she thought. The guards only found several corpses and a burnt smell in the air...
Old 10-28-2001, 02:21 PM   #38
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Hmm i'll call her Chani. Lol GO KAZ! Kick them thieves ass!

"I'm fine, a good nights sleep will fix me up." He turned and faced her"What about you?"

------------------

Old 10-28-2001, 02:48 PM   #39
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She rolls her eyes at him.~ "I never thought it was possible to be too considerate." ~She smiles.~ "I'm fine." ~She hisses, surveying his fresh scars.~ "At least I'm doing pretty well compared to you." ~She reaches into her pocket for the small leather bag Maverick had tossed her. She empties it out on the bar ledge and counts it.~ "5 gold..." ~She looks back to Deiter.~ "That'll be enough for a merchant." ~She starts digging through her cloak.~ "I've probably got some more in here somewhere..."
Old 10-28-2001, 03:08 PM   #40
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Seeing her still digging around in her cloak for money, he takes a pouch off of his belt and starts to filter through it."Hmm...I got 162 gold peices in here."

------------------