Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

....When we last left our heroes, they had made some mistakes and experienced some triumphs. They all had felt the pain associated with defeat, and some had had medical treatment for it

Again, don't join into the game without contacting me via PM or the discussion thread. Any questions can be directed to me in the discussion thread so that I may answer them for everyone. Don't be shy with your questions, either!

BRIEF RECAP: The Supreme Chancellor has called into existence a secret organization of people of various skills from throughout the galaxy to investigate several acts of terrorism throughout the galaxy, the most prominent of which being the bombing of Ferraldy Tower. In their investigations, the group has discovered a growing web of corruption onplanet. All the "real" leads pointed to one man, General Rey Larsek, and as such, the group began to investigate him.

Fearing for his life, General Larsek had gone into hiding, and upon discovering a secret organization on his tail, had decided a preemptive strike was in order. Upon discovering the group, however, he realized his suspicions had been misplaced, and decided to aid them in their cause.

It seemed that the terrorism of late was mostly the cause of the Trillian Independence movement, a group of near-humans that were in favor of reestablishing their government. This, however, seemed unlikely for them to have begun on their own. Perhaps more suspicious is the fact that such a poorly organized terrorist organization manages to avoid being seen or caught...and is even being eliminated by some group without any report of their capture.

The mystery deepens, but the group marches on, each for their own reasons, and each with their own style.

[ 05-13-2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Te'Oma Looks around at the rest of the group, and then back at Larsek.

"I'll admit, I was treating you as a suspect, but that's no different to you thinking the same of me? No?

"I'll help you, providing you give me no good reason not too..."
Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
jolleyjester
Dungeon Master

OCC: Huray! Second thread! Here’s to a thousand more…unless that gets boreing. I don’t think it would, though, but that’s just me. Anyways...

Eceil had once again found his favorite chair in the back of the conference room and from its comfortable holding had listened to the Generals speech with a rather bored look. By now a sliver of a grin had grown across his face.
“The Nautolan has a point, General. Considering the fact that you just drove a flying tank into our home I don’t think either side here has a chance of ever trusting each other. Ever. But so long as you keep feeding us good information and you never pull a stunt like that again I don’t see any reason we can’t work together.”
Eceil runs his hands through his hair; his eyes go to the floor as he begins his next trail of thought. His smile fades as the thought courses through his mind, a dark little idea probably insane. This thing was already pretty insane, though, so who knew whether or not it was a solid suspicion. He tries to grab a hold of it but it slips through his fingers and lies just out of his reach for a few more long moments. Eceil goes chasing after its slippery path, and finally captures the idea with a growing frown.
It sort of made sense. It wouldn’t of been the way they would of done it back in his day, but maybe they trained the operatives differently now. Still, a million dead is hard to justify. Unless it was something big they were after. Very big. It might just been his damn conspiracy training, but what would the others think? Might as well ask them, it’s not like their opinion of you can get any worse.
“Alright, it’s a stretch but here’s the way it might have gone down. Let’s say the Republic wants something on Yarlooine. Something they can only get by landing an army on the planet or taking complete control of their government. Maybe a couple years ago they sent a Special Ops team their, a team that went deep undercover and started training rebels to fight the government. They build an army of freedom fighters. Let’s say they trained a group of terrorists, too, and shipped them off to Courescant. Hell they don’t even need to be Trill’s; they could just be the squad. They blow up a tower; kill themselves a million people, and now the people want revenge on whoever did it. A little investigation says it’s the Trill’s fault. Here on Courescant we find out Yarlooine has just been overtaken by civil war and now the planets lawless, some scum bag planet full of anarchists who want to hurt the innocent. Now theirs support for a war against them. The Republic hits the planet hard and takes whatever they wanted in the first place. All our group was suppose to do was point a finger at the Trills so we can go to war. But this depends on the fact that your source of info on Trill and the terrorists is reliable. Where’d you get the lead in the first place?”

[ 05-12-2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: jolleyjester ]
jolleyjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #4
Keal

Slightly impressed by Eciel's statement Keal looks at the General with a curious yet unfrightened look and says,"That definatley would prove that we can trust you... somewhat. All we need is proof and I'm sure we can do whatever you need."
Keal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

"I'll try to answer one question at a time.

I've had the information for two months now, after several months of careful analysis of the holo-camera security system, and a systemic search of criminals here onplanet. I figured that one of the group would eventually have messed up, and I was right. Calrion Portan, a nobody human that was known to be associated with the Trill group, appeared in a couple of frames before one of the holo-cameras had been taken offline. I drew the connection, and started my research, and it all just fit, including some of the earlier incidents. The Trill's weren't just a group trying to rally attention onplanet. They were a malicious terrorist organization.

Now, as for another question, that of my responsibility here...

I for one think I am entirely responsible.

I proposed the plan for the shields on the Tower...that made it stand out as a well-protected target, a symbol of prosperity and security. A perfect symbolic hit for the Trills. I believe they had spies in Krinth Shielding from the start, so they knew well when the shields would or would not be online. They chose to hit on the last day that none whatsoever would be operational.

I guess you've been investigating me because of that proposition I had for the shielding...it makes perfect sense, as far as investigations go. I have alibis, though, and beyond that, I really have had assassination attempts. That's why I had to disappear. Well, that and the fact that someone had hacked my accounts, and kept me from accessing them.

It's hard to live without money and people wanting you dead all the time...heck, some of my neighbors are probably on the list of people who want me dead---I was known, while on active duty, to break things audibly when an attack slipped through our guard.

As for actual proof of this stuff...it's getting harder and harder to find. It's as if someone is erasing everything that could indicate the Trillian group even exists. It's methodical, too, and has been going on for several months. That's why they hit my apartment---I had some data stored in my safe, there.

Luckily, I have a partial spare set of it with me. Not as much detail as what I had at my apartment, but it's on hardier media, and it's enough to bring people to justice. I just can't manage to come forth with it. I think there's actually a bounty on my head, now."
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
jolleyjester
Dungeon Master

“Bounty, eh?”
Eceil turns to the others, an unnaturally childish grin widens across his face.
“Who says we turn him in for the credits?”

[ 05-13-2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: jolleyjester ]
jolleyjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Keal

"No!," Keal says sternly," We can't right now, we need him. We have a job to do remember?"
Keal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:09 PM   #8
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bakilas continues to lean back in his chair and listen.

OOC: Yeah I am still here, uni is keeping my busy so my posts will be rather random.
shadowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #9
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Terassk was impressed at Eceil's first statement, the impressed feeling was soon destroyed when Eciel suggested they turn the General in for credits "Eciel, we're here to find out who blew up the tower, not to give the general to some two-timing Huttese scumbag,"
TheGrandSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #10
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hmm, well, first off, I really doubt the bounty was placed by a Hutt. Actually, it was probably placed by the Republic we love so much, and are trying to defend. Now, I must say, Eceil, your last statement has been the best one I have heard you make thus far. I would love to continue this conversation, but I have some very important work to do.

Joneth then walks over to a corner chair, and plops down with his datapad. He once again begins typing furiously, though for what reasons this time you could hardly fathom.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote