Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #31
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I haven't found any lifts, Wyv. At least, I don't think so.

I found a lever, which opened another section of the sewers. In that section, I found a sewer bridge key. And at the spot where some guy is chucking ballista spears at you, I found a sewer bridge.

BTW, I believe the ballista spear guy was worth over 4000 XP. At least, something down in that area was...

I think when I play tonight, I'm going to have some graph paper in hand so I can map this sucker. It's a wee bit too confusing for me...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #32
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh kay then - I must be further than you.

Did the lever in the sewers to get to more areas. Found the bridge key - more areas - exploring that and beyond the Ballista dude (who is random, had him in one life and not in another - lol) and explored beyond that. Found 2 lifts, one with a broken lever that says "item needed" and another with a complete lever but the lift does nothing.

Trying to find out where to go now - know there are areas I didn't completely explore yet.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #33
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congratulations you have completed the Dungeon Lords Demo -

Oh??!! I thought there would be more..

But I didn't save the daughter of the Lord of Fargrove

Did kill a war troll - wowzah!!

I believe I can still wander around in this place etc.

Oh, I did find that lever for the lift and it was necessary.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:03 PM   #34
jsalsb
Elminster

(sigh...) I'd love to play Dungeon Lords... (snif!) Sounds like you're having a ball.

I hope the actual finished game will work for me.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #35
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jsalsb:
UUUGH! can't get it to work! Finally got (what I think is) the complete download from 3dgamers. It says the file size is supposed to be 312M, and 312M is what I got. The install runs fine, but then it crashes at start-up each and every time!!

I Really really hope it's not my system! I'm on a new laptop, so not too upgradable! way back when, I built a new computer just to play W&W and W8. I don't want to have to do that again for this game too!
HUGE sigh, jsalsb!!!

Have you checked over on the Dreamwosname forums for any help? They have one area that is tech related.

Think it would be hard for our master techie Bungleau to come up with any solutions this early in the game.

Have you compared your laptops hardware to the DL basic requirements (if that is even posted anywhere).

[ 03-26-2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Old 03-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #36
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

I'm at 50% from Gamespot, I'll YSI (yousendit.com) to anyone's e-mail account if you want
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:33 PM   #37
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Kynaeus! May you enjoy both lands well in the near future [img]smile.gif[/img]

And jsalsb, check that you have the full demo. Mine was 327,442,692 bytes, or around 312MB.

*edit* forgot to say that if you want, I can burn a copy of the file and mail it to you. Something about those 300MB attachments seems to irritate many email systems... although I haven't tried the service that Kynaeus mentioned.

And Wyv, I guess I considered that part to be out of the sewers. Once I left the running water, I figured I was past it. I haven't seen the lifts yet... I'll have to keep an eye out for 'em

What OS are you running, Jon? And what other things are going on? The only flaky thing I've noticed on my XP Home box is that the mouse cursor tends to flash a lot (which makes it easier to do traps, since it highlights the tumblers ).

I'll know if it's going to crash tonight, though... checking in shortly.

[ 03-26-2005, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #38
Marathon
Elminster

Got it downloaded last night and played for a short while before being chased down and killed by wolves. Couldn't manage to hit with any regularity which was frustrating. Looked pretty good overall. I'm excited.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:03 AM   #39
the mighty stamar

you will notice that at the early stages u cant kill anything but slimes with a sword. just figure out the spells and the spells will kill anything.

you will receive more than enough spells in the game to kill all the monsters pretty much.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #40
the mighty stamar

I noticed 2 mysteries

one is the platform that doesnt go up

one is an area where you click a loose brick

you hear a sound but i dont know what happens.

right now i finished the demo but im going all the way back to the forest to explore. at level 7 i wont have to worry about the wolves and what not and ill be able to see if i missed anything there
i think i saw everything in the sewer areas
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote