Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Jan 30, 2006 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI) and internal development studio Relic Entertainment today announced a second expansion pack to their award-winning real-time strategy hit Warhammer(R) 40,000: Dawn of War(TM). The add-on will include all-new explosive Dawn of War single-player action, new multiplayer content and two new playable races including the technologically devastating Tau, bringing the total number of playable races in Dawn of War to an unprecedented seven.

"We're extremely proud of the world-wide critical acclaim that the million-unit-selling Dawn of War franchise has received to-date," said Ron Moravek, general manager, Relic Entertainment. "With this latest expansion, we've taken feedback from the players to create a powerful, action-orientated single- and multiplayer experience that is enriched by the quality and depth of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Dawn of War will be forever reforged for the Greater Good!"

Set in Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe, where armies of futuristic warriors, fighting machines and hordes of implacable aliens wage constant war, the game is expected to release in fall 2006. For more information on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, please visit www.dawnofwargame.com.

All I can say is DEAR GOD YES! The second race being added will probably be the Necrons because of *Spoiler Spoiler* but fall this year? Wow, I'll be expecting some sort of delay.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Not seeing it on the official site.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Dawn of War is my favorite rts ever. I play it all the time.

I'm happy they are addind the Tau, they are my favorite race after the Tyranids. I'm guessing they aren't doing the Tyranids because it would get too close to Starcraft.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....933&highlight= Here be the link, Degrader
Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #5
Lucern
Quintesson

Ahhh...I 'accidentally' spent 6 hours playing Winter Assault last night lol. It concluded with the loss of a 4v4 skirmish on insane in the second hour, despite killing 1750 of theirs to my 250 losses.

I'm psyched. 2 whole new factions. Give Chaos back its ability to counter machines and heavy infantry at range (ie, plasma and rockets for marines) real quick though, while we wait

And I do wish they would add the tyranids. Nothing wrong with simultaneously paying homage to a great game and showing DoW's absolute superiority. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #6
Betelgeuse
Zhentarim Guard

besides, it reminded me of warcraft 3 without the nid/zerg. marines/humans, eldar/elves, orks/orcs, chaos/undead (kinda anyway).
so what else could they put in. tau are in, nids are out (apparently). dark eldar, or the aformentioned necrons. all that's left is other flavours of existing races. and then there's the squats - that'd be awesome if they brought them back [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

I need to start playing Winter Assault online, compstomping is loosing its touch [img]tongue.gif[/img] . And if they bring back squats, well, I don't know HOW they'd bring them back, really. But, I mean, I still think its gonna be necrons, because Dark Eldar are just Chaos Eldar, they aren't going to do Deamon Hunters or Witch Hunters, because those are to much like marines, and, although tyranids would be cool, they already have Orks and Imperial Guard, which are supposed to be the massed unit armies (But Guard only gets maximum 20 population, what the heck?)
Old 01-31-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Could it be... Dark Eldar (cop-out!), 'cron (probably), or... OMFG TEH PRE HERESY FORCES!?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

it would be awesome for a pre-heresy Single Player Campaign. however, I believe
that it will not be so

[ 01-31-2006, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]