Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

Does the process include doing something your average gamer couldn't manage? Or is it just a matter of replacing some .bmp-s here and there?

Thank you.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You have to add a bmp file to the override folder. Which exact portrait you want to change?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

I'm having pretty and shiny beautiful portraits for all my characters, so I'm changing those of Jaheira and Valygar at least (Imoen's portrait looks really attractive already; Haer'dalis is enough classy, I guess; the PC and Neh'taniel are looking great already [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

Wow, that's it? [img]smile.gif[/img]

So I'll just change the respective file names to ValygarL.jpg and ValygarS.jpg, put them in the Override folder, and voila?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:

So I'll just change the respective file names to ValygarL.jpg and ValygarS.jpg, put them in the Override folder, and voila?
Yes, you just add the two portraits to the override folder. Only the names should be done properly. I don't think it's just ValygarS and valygarL. If you hold on, I'll try and find it for you.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I checked an alternate portratrait mod from Gibberling 3, and the files are called.

nJaheirL.bmp, nJaheirS.bmp, nJaheirM.bmp
nViconL.bmp, nViconS.bmp, nViconM.bmp
nAerieL.bmp, nAerieS.bmp, nAerieM.bmp
nImoenL.bmp, nImoenS.bmp, nImoenM.bmp

I don't know if it the way they must be called or if it is just G3's way of naming them.

You could try those names and see if they change the portraits for Viconia, Jaheira... and if they do, you can experiment with Valygar. nValyga, or nValyg...

Or someone who really knows how to do it might be able to tell you better. I never used any mods myself so don't know ho to do it properly