Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Question: So, I've got a kitten now...

Dinks is doing really well, she's finally getting some meat on her bones and her fur is coming in a lot thicker. We're getting her on dry cat food (mash it up with some milk).

Only thing that she's having a fickle time with is her litter box.

Thanks for all the advice guys
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #12
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I really recommend against wetting dry food! The bacteria count goes through the roof when you do that!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Thanks for the advice Variol.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #14
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrell View Post
Only thing that she's having a fickle time with is her litter box.
My kitty has always been difficult with her litter box too. Try changing the type of litter you use - they can be very fussy. The clumping stuff I find the best but there are different types (e.g., size) so trial a few. Also with Tuppy the usual 'one tray per cat plus one' rule didn't work - she has a tray in every room of my two-bedroom apartment as she refuses to use a tray that has already been used. Once I sorted out all her eccentricities, she's been fine but you just need to figure out what they like, and they can be very picky and it's really hard to stop a cat from peeing where they shouldn't as you rarely can catch them in the act.

Love to see a picture!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelia Jusa View Post
My kitty has always been difficult with her litter box too. Try changing the type of litter you use - they can be very fussy. The clumping stuff I find the best but there are different types (e.g., size) so trial a few. Also with Tuppy the usual 'one tray per cat plus one' rule didn't work - she has a tray in every room of my two-bedroom apartment as she refuses to use a tray that has already been used. Once I sorted out all her eccentricities, she's been fine but you just need to figure out what they like, and they can be very picky and it's really hard to stop a cat from peeing where they shouldn't as you rarely can catch them in the act.

Love to see a picture!

Seems like it. We had to change what we put her food in too. Used to be a small saucer, now it has to be a small (sauce) container bowl. Otherwise, she'd dive face and paws first into the food to eat.

Photo might take a bit, my camera's on the fritz with my internet, best way I can describe her, a cross between a mouse and a bat.

Very disproportioned kitty
Old 01-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You could draw a picture in paint!

..and yes, food can be tricky. Scuba eats the homemade stuff I make for them and the little bit of dry I give them for their teeth.

Missy is much fussier. She has the dry stuff and that's a bout it. She did finally have some turkey and roast beef yesterday, which was great to see.
I don't like the dog and cat foods; they're virtually all crap.