Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 05-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Ironman

Has anyone seen it?

I went to see it last night and, although I never read any of the comics, it was pretty good. Always love my superhero films, Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic4, and this was no exception!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Ironman

It was great, I really liked it. I'm not normally a fan of Ironman, don't like his personality, but I really liked this movie.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Default Re: Ironman

This one's at the top of my Christmas wish list, and I don't see anything else coming that I think will beat it. I was worried all the trailers were giving away the best parts, but there's plenty of wow factor left.

BTW, this news story says it hauled in over $100 million in the opening weekend. That's the 2nd best premier ever for a non-sequel.

Edit: Any chance we could get an Ironman avatar?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I thought it was fantastic... definitely one of the better superhero movies.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im looking forward to thor!.. that would be so cool then avengers with ironman, thor and capt america in it

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

It was great! I did not stay through all the credits though and I hope I didn't miss anything.
By the way according to latest Entertainment weekly they are planning on making 2 more Iron man movies that will lead into the Avengers Movie in 2011 ( can't find the mag now but the date sticks in my head)
Old 05-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

What have I told you about staying through the credits - yes, you missed something.

Really enjoyed the film, although I wasn't expecting to, not a great fan of superhero movies - we only went so that we could take the kids along, glad that I saw it. And watched a trailer for Hancock, which looked worth watching too, so another for my list.

And interestingly, Robert Downey jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark when the Incredible Hulk comes out in a couple of months, in addition to the 2010 sequel currently planned. So I better get myself down for that as well, busy few months coming up for my movie-going, I guess.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I didn't stay thru the credits either. Just what I needed -- an excuse to see it again.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 05-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #9
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Just as good the 2nd time around. And this time I stayed thru the credits. Gotta remember to do that with all the Marvel movies from now on.

Want to know what you missed??
Spoiler for Looky, Looky...:
Tony Stark comes home one night and finds Samuel L. Jackson standing in his living room, wearing black clothes & an eye patch. He introduces himelf as Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD, and says he wants to talk to Tony about their new Avengers initiative...

-----
Old 06-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #10
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Iron Man was AWESOME!!!
i took my little brothers to see it three days after it came out. i was suprised they actually sat through it, and the next week they wanted to go see it again.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote