Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
Mercc
Dungeon Master

I was playing Hordes and went into the castle in Shaori's fell and died. When I reloaded, the sword I was using Ensirric and the cowl of warding was missing. I was using Ensirric and the cowl was in my inventory. On top of that, It was also missing from every save game that was saved today except the first one. So basically, I lost everything I did today - hours worth. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway I could add these two items back into my inventory?

Mercc
Mercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
Mercc
Dungeon Master

Incase anybody actually reads this, I found the problem. It is actually what I would call a bug or weak programming (being a programmer myself). I will try to explain. I was holding a sword (Enserric) in one hand and a torch in the other. I went to switch to Enserric and a shield in my quick slots. It wanted to put Enserric back and then take him out again instead of just switching torch for shield. Because my inventory was full it dropped Enserric but would not allow me to pick it up. It just faded away but because It knew I already Ensrric it let me keep the sword but removed from inventory. So I could use a sword it actually dropped but wouldn't let me pick up. Hope that makes sense. This has happened once before, I believe whan I was in undermountian.

Mercc
Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have seen that before, and also on a successful pickpocket of an equipped item. Doesn't explain what happened to the helm though.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
Mercc
Dungeon Master

I had switched that also when I went to Zorvak'Mur and encountered the Duerger.

Mercc
Old 03-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #5
dominions
Elminster

I have seen this one several on-line servers but never in a solo off-line game. I believe that there are actually two problems. One is the bug where if you drop an item and your inventory is full it will drop the item and then not allow that item to be picked back up. Solution to that (on a server only) is to log out then back in.
The second problem is a bug where an item will literally be lost. No solution to that I'm afraid.
These two problems are very similar but I don't believe they are related.

As far as I know, you cannot add items into a running game unless (again) it is an on-line server game and you log in as a DM Client and add the item with the DM toolset.

Sorry, but unless you get some sort of third party save game hack program, you'r not going to be able to do anything but soldier on without the item(s) or back right back to the save that had them in.
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote