Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Is there any place that lists the statistics of arcane summoned animals? I need to know if Summon 4 is so much better than Summon 3 that I should give up improved invis for it. Normally I'd just save before I level up and check them myself and load the game if I want another choice, but as I'm playing online on a PW that is not possible. Improved Invisibilty would be great but I don't know if I should replace the wolf with a spider...
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Jeffi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
Is there any place that lists the statistics of arcane summoned animals? I need to know if Summon 4 is so much better than Summon 3 that I should give up improved invis for it. Normally I'd just save before I level up and check them myself and load the game if I want another choice, but as I'm playing online on a PW that is not possible. Improved Invisibilty would be great but I don't know if I should replace the wolf with a spider...
Best way to tell is to save your game, then cast Summon Monster 3. Then, right click on the wolf and choose "Examine." This will pull up a character screen similar to yours, showing their stats, feats, skills, attacks, etc. Jot the important info down. Then reload the game, and add Summon Monster 4. Summon the spider, then examine it the same way you did the wolf. This will give you the stats for both. If you don't like the spider, then stick with the wolf by reloading your save and adding another level 4 spell.

Hope that helps!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for replying, but as I said in my original post:

"Normally I'd just save before I level up and check them myself and load the game if I want another choice, but as I'm playing online on a PW that is not possible."

Other than the option of letting myself die, but there is a hefty exp penalty for dying that really hurts.

Maybe I can put in the cheat codes or something in SP and test them out there. I guess all that really matters is if Summon 4 is a lot better or just a little better than Summon 3. Also normally I would just take whatever looked better because I can always change it at level up. However, this PW gets experience very, very slowly- it is couple weeks to a month to more than a month, and a much longer time if you are in the higher levels. Also, there is Phantasmal Killer. So many spells, so few that can be chosen, and thankfully a bug ruled Polymorph Self out for me [img]smile.gif[/img] . *sigh*. By the way, just how likely is it for a monster to make a Will save? I know it depends on the monster, but an average monster is usually fairly stupid.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Jeffi0 is offline   Reply With Quote