Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-01-2003, 10:36 PM   #11
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

RoryD: Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll try online playing later

Target: I planted the seed in the past, so I don't think it was the prism tree seed. Possibly there were two. I also gather that various henchmen want various items, which would certainly explain left-over items.

[img]redface.gif[/img] ) I can certainly see why you left this game to play w8! I could see when I started that you needed to go around and run through a lot of dialogs first. I too wanted to get on with exploring and fighting, one of the reasons I have so many questions about chapter 1.

Ah, Eye of the Beholder ! #2 (Darkmoon) is what hooked me on rpg games!

Nerull (or anybody) I finished up everything in Chapter 1, including Masterson Amulet, quill, and Daelan's tale. I'm left with two small questions and one big one.

1. I have a silver ring which has a ropelike pattern on the outside and is described as having the picture of a bird against a ? sky. I can't sell it, so it must be needed for something. But what?

2. Very early in the game I had a chance to buy a ring described as 'apparently discarded by Aribeth' which gave protection against various things. It cost a lot, maybe 10k gp so I didn't buy it. When I went back, it wasn't there. Anybody know anything about this?

And finally, could somebody PLEASE tell me exactly where the door is located in the docks quest for Never's tomb. I have searched the sewer and the open part of the aqueduct over and over, and I just can't find it. Also I don't have the note it should contain, meaning I have never been there. :.(

thoon
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 10:57 PM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by thoon:
RoryD: Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll try online playing later

Target: I planted the seed in the past, so I don't think it was the prism tree seed. Possibly there were two. I also gather that various henchmen want various items, which would certainly explain left-over items.

[img]redface.gif[/img] ) I can certainly see why you left this game to play w8! I could see when I started that you needed to go around and run through a lot of dialogs first. I too wanted to get on with exploring and fighting, one of the reasons I have so many questions about chapter 1.

Ah, Eye of the Beholder ! #2 (Darkmoon) is what hooked me on rpg games!

Nerull (or anybody) I finished up everything in Chapter 1, including Masterson Amulet, quill, and Daelan's tale. I'm left with two small questions and one big one.

1. I have a silver ring which has a ropelike pattern on the outside and is described as having the picture of a bird against a ? sky. I can't sell it, so it must be needed for something. But what?

2. Very early in the game I had a chance to buy a ring described as 'apparently discarded by Aribeth' which gave protection against various things. It cost a lot, maybe 10k gp so I didn't buy it. When I went back, it wasn't there. Anybody know anything about this?

And finally, could somebody PLEASE tell me exactly where the door is located in the docks quest for Never's tomb. I have searched the sewer and the open part of the aqueduct over and over, and I just can't find it. Also I don't have the note it should contain, meaning I have never been there. :.(

thoon
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
1. It is one of the items needed by one of the henchmen (forget which one, offhand).

2. It is just an item you can buy/use. It has no effect on the story. The spell resistance it grants is great in the beginning, but later has far less use.

The door is to the back part of the area you go to finish the docks, past the boatman. Just look for a chest sitting outside a door (it is hard to locate, mind you, so keep your eyes open).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 05:01 AM   #13
Target
Red Dragon

Yes Darkmoon, a classic!!!

The seed….I think you also give one to one of the henchys in that chapter, the elven one I believe, forgot there were to. It seems if you have an odd item left over there is a good chance it belongs to a henchy.

The last door was hard to find, but don’t give up…I think you enter the sewer entrance, fight a few of those fire beetle things and the chest is on the back wall, past a few traps.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 11:11 PM   #14
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well guys, I went over every inch of the sewer area and it's just not there. This is the area where you get off the boat, go a few steps, go around a U turn, fight some, down a long corridor turn left, right through a door, right into a room which merges with a larger room. In the larger room is the big fight for this area; the only chest in the area is against the far wall, and the room is divided by a fence with the good guys on the far side. Face the chest, go through a door off to the right, down a corridor, through another door, to get to the other side of the fence. Talk to the good guys, open a crate to end the quest, and out the sewer entrance.

There is no chest other than the one, no door shows on the automap, nothing glows when I press the tab key. Its not there. Maybe a bug, maybe I misunderstood something.

I went to chapter two on another save game, and found the contrapulator ... a let down. As I thought, I had missed a section of sewer. The entrance did not glow when the tab key was pressed, if that's of any use to anybody.

I also downloaded a mod, and played it a little. After a while, it crashed my computer, but I couldn't get into it anyway.

So, I guess it's on to the next game. Is Morrowind any good?

thoon
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 12:21 PM   #15
philip
Galvatron

I never finished NWN, came to somewhere in chapter 1 with my halfling rogue.
All I found was that the oc wasn't built for roleplaying, after some time my rogue used flails and the like to kill all the undead. Even with the best weapons against undead it remained really hard. Then the Yuan-ti keeps on killing me befor e i can even hit her.
So i decide to go to the other parts of the city (how well-designed: 4 parts - 4 monsters to kill) there i keep getting killed by human fighters.

That was when I stopped playing the oc downloaded some modules and started playing these to see what was possible with the toolset. I played only 2 modules completely, 1st in penultima and shadowlords 1. I like a few modules now but some completely kill the fun when my leveled character walks in the fuirst fight and get killed in 5 seconds (which probably is my own fault since they get high ratings on nwvault).

Now I'm making my own module which is great funand the toolset is the best i've played with so far.

graphics are nice but take up too much memory for me but with everything on it looked great.

henchmen are stupid i'll never use one, download more modules where you must use them (dreamcatcher) and just play my character a few levesl higher, will never build any module in which you can use them (or make the ai so that it doesn't do stupid things on critical moments. no i don't need bless when some halfling like creatures are killing me )

i've tried some pws. they were huge... and empty. I didn't really like them so far but i'll have to play one further cause it looks really promising

great toolset, bad oc, too hard for some classes, playermade modules are better than the oc and some are worth downloading (according to your tastes), online looks good but have to find a good world still (tried to now)

[ 05-04-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote