Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-25-2001, 12:28 PM   #31
Conan

Quote:

The point of this is that race issues are not just used against "minorities." Racism exists and is pointed in all directions, to include at white people. The only way we will ever get past it is to completely level the playing field, encourage the media to report in an even-handed way, abolish programs that discriminate against ANYONE, and not tolerate situations that are otherwise.

[/B]
I agree with you in this area . I am against certain attitudes not colors of people. Working in an environment like I have with people from all around the world you can really grow within yourself to be a better person by watching and learning cultural backrounds. To read how they are in different areas of the world does not surprise me. Its seems like it is everywhere.
One thing that I see that bothers me a little is when people of the same cultural backround call each other racist names in fun. Unmentionable here of course but use your imaginations. To me that is just as bad as the real name calling.And the minute a different person in backround uses it in fun..watch out.Mybe this relates to many of you in different countrys,I don't know.I know it is real and it hurts.We have to talk about it thow.An even playing field...hmmmm it would be nice.
Conan

Old 06-25-2001, 12:30 PM   #32
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I never understood the term COLORED. I always heard it growing up though. Not from my parents. They never followed this line of thinking, and taught me to think that way too. I and my wife are passing this on to my kids. To me everyone is an individual and is treated as such. I think each succeeding generation is becoming less and less racist. Hopefully it will totally disappear one of these days.

As far as the rights granted minorities in our country, I think that most had a place twenty years ago. But they should be phased out as time goes along.
Most school in my city are now intergrated to some extent and the schools that aren't (where the student body is predominately black) have all the lastest technology and are fairly new. They are also magnet schools now. So they get the best students. Now a days I think most everyone has the chance to get ahead. It's what one does with that chance, that tells the tale. Of course, thats in my city. I haven't lived in other cities to know how they are. It may be different other places.

Oh BTW, whats wrong with a little spirited debate as long as people still respect each other afterwards. I think that's what makes this board so good.
I value the viewpoints of everyone here (will maybe except Azzie's). I also like to here what others are thinking.

Just joking AZ!
------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?

[This message has been edited by Sir Taliesin (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 12:39 PM   #33
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
I never understood the term COLORED. I always heard it growing up though. Not from my parents. They never followed this line of thinking, and taught me to think that way too. I and my wife are passing this on to my kids. To me everyone is an individual and is treated as such. I think each succeeding generation is becoming less and less racist. Hopefully it will totally disappear one of these days.

As far as the rights granted minorities in our country, I think that most had a place twenty years ago. But they should be phased out as time goes along.
Most school in my city are now intergrated to some extent and the schools that aren't (where the student body is predominately black) have all the lastest technology and are fairly new. They are also magnet schools now. So they get the best students. Now a days I think most everyone has the chance to get ahead. It's what one does with that chance, that tells the tale. Of course, thats in my city. I haven't lived in other cities to know how they are. It may be different other places.

Oh BTW, whats wrong with a little spirited debate as long as people still respect each other afterwards. I think that's what makes this board so good.
I value the viewpoints of everyone here (will maybe except Azzie's). I also like to here what others are thinking.

Just joking AZ!
I agree completely, Sir T. I can honestly say that I have no hatred for any people, just for attitudes. What many people forget is that it can take generations for beliefs to change. That's jsut how people are. The only shot we have at even getting that to happen is to let everyone get a fair shake and let the chips fall.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-25-2001, 01:23 PM   #34
Lavindathar
Harper

Thanx Moridin!!!

I believe that this poem is racist against white people. I myself being white, belive that this man/woman has a right to be racist,as they have obviously been on the recieving end.

------------------
Old 06-25-2001, 01:42 PM   #35
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Thanx Moridin!!!

I believe that this poem is racist against white people. I myself being white, belive that this man/woman has a right to be racist,as they have obviously been on the recieving end.

That is the tough part of the whole issue. People have the right to BELIEVE whatever they want, as long as their ACTIONS don't infringe on the rights of others. For example, if there is a hispanic business owner who hates white folks for whatever reason, that's ok, as long as he is still willing to set aside his personal ideology in conduct of his business.

------------------
Gaelic

[This message has been edited by Gaelic (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 02:24 PM   #36
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
The funny thing growing up, was my Dad's apparent racism (as with Fljotsdale's). I was ready for him to go into a strop when he found out I was going out with a black girl, but he was perfectly happy with it! All this time I thought it was serious, and he was just joking the whole time! Just goes to show, you can never tell with some people

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-25-2001, 02:29 PM   #37
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

[/B][/QUOTE]
You use this color, cyan
I occassionally use this color, aqua
but, I also, on occassion use this color, lightgreen
And sometimes this color, dodgerblue
And until you put a copyright on cyan, I may sometimes, occassionally, use it, but I will try not too ok

[/B][/QUOTE]

I like that Poem its very true, racial discrimination is a BIG problem which needs to be wiped out. Btw, whats the difference between CyanAndAqua Eh????

LoL!!!

------------------
One Day, When The Nine Hells Are Full, The Damned Shall Walk The Earth, And I Shall Conquer

"I'm sorry I called you Cannonball Head. I meant to call you Chrome Dome"