Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-04-2002, 05:07 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Do I have to know about previos storylines of Morrowind I and II to be able to fully enjoy this game? I know nothing of this game, and their website doesn't load up very well. Anybody wanna educate me ?
Old 05-04-2002, 05:15 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Not really. I don't think the story connects to the previous games. Though some knowledge of the elder scrolls universe is always handy.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 05:59 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

How would I gain that basic knowledge?
Old 05-04-2002, 09:26 PM   #4
Kezardin
Elminster

Larry_OHF,

one way to get background info is to try and buy a cheap copy of the game REDGUARD, which included a book with an extensive coverage of Tamriel, including several pages on Morrowind itself.

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 10:58 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

i have a MUCH cheaper way, hon. go to THE source (no, not the official site.... bleah.. it has no background)...Xanathar or as his site is fondly known, m0use

he has EVERYTHING you need to know about TES universe. he should, he's been a rabid fan, collecting everything since the series began. you also might find some stuff at Bethsoft. (bethsoft.com) but its pretty filtered. yknow, not the "i played it and beat a zillion times" kinda knowledge, more of the official stuff, tho.

have fun!

V***V

ps: OMG! MaryBeth is sooo cute! and you are getting what you deserve with a wicked little sweetheart like her!

pps: just get MW and play it. its wonderful!

ppps: while Redguard is fun and has some background, its not really considered a part of TES. its more of a kissin' cousin. if you get it, be sure to be prepared to mess with the settings ALOT.

i pulled it out several months ago to replay and gosh.. no sound, and everything was running off on software. i tried slo-mo even, but it was a real headache. and that's on all 3 of my machines. i'm surprised it wouldnt run on at least one of them. eh! now that i have MW, its moot anyway.

sorrry to go on a rant!

[ 05-04-2002, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 05-05-2002, 04:42 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
How would I gain that basic knowledge?
Its not that important. There are just some unique races.
Let me first give you a very short version of the history: Tamriel is a colorfull world where all the races just go about their ways. But one day, Tiber Septim becomes the new Emperor of the Imperials, and in a matter of years, he has conquered most of Tamriel. You land in the Morrowind province, home of the Dark Elves. If you want more info on the races, I suggest you check the Morrowind main page.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 08:22 PM   #7
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

I jut checked out Xanathatr's site cause im kind of (really) new to the ES series...
OH MY GENTLE JESUS!!!!
that is the most stuff written about anything, ever!
damn, that guys got a lot of time on his hands!
Old 05-05-2002, 09:54 PM   #8
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I suggest you check the Morrowind main page.
Good luck. It's been mostly broken for several days. Slower than molasses in January and the menu system doesn't seem to connect to much any more. Not only that, but several menu options that formerly were there are gone. Just a waste of time trying to go there.

And something else. Bethsoft itself is completely offline.
-
-
Kiwi
-

[ 05-05-2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote